Princess Patter Thanksgiving Day?

xrae

Hello - does anyone have a Princess Patter for Thanksgiving Day they can share? We'll be on the Caribbean Princess. I'm just trying to get an idea of any special activities that might be offered. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

We did a transatlantic on the Sky, I think it was 2 years ago.  Sorry, I do not have the Patter, but other than some nice "Thanksgiving/Fall" type decorations around the ship there wasn't really anything particularly special for the holiday.  We ate at The Catch that evening...that made for a rather unusual holiday meal!  (But it was good!)

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

The only thing I can recall is a turkey carving demo in the piazza during the afternoon. 

We have done a few Thanksgiving holidays on Princess. It’s not like Christmas - there really aren’t any “special” activities except for maybe a Thanksgiving themed trivia. They do a Thanksgiving display in the atrium generally and there is a traditional Thanksgiving meal as an option on the MDR menu and also carved turkey  and all the sides in the buffet. And some semblance of pumpkin pie that is definitely not your Grandma’s version! That’s about the extent of anything special.

Not to say it’s not a fun way to spend your holiday, though. It definitely is a nice break from tradition and no cooking or dishes is always good!

Last year, I embarked at Civitivecchia on Thanksgiving Day for an Eastern Med cruise.  Other than some Thanksgiving banner in the piazza (this was on Island so a small piazza) and a turkey option on the MDR menu, the day could have been any other embarkation day.  No NFL football either!  

Be leery of what they serve as pumpkin pie. 😆

It's not what most people are use to. 

Also, they never seem to have any dark turkey meat in the DR. 

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

And some semblance of pumpkin pie that is definitely not your Grandma’s version!

Is that their famous rendition that looks and moves like Jello? 😄

• Haha 1