Feedback on K'dam cabin please?

We've sailed on the K'dam, so are relatively familiar with the ship. This cabin (#8031) came available on a long cruise, and I have a deposit down... angled balcony on deck eight, starboard, forward.  Can anyone tell what's in the blank space above on deck nine?  Any crew doors or other factors to consider?  Would appreciate any input.  Thanks!

Screenshot_20240727_221714_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240727_222746_Firefox.jpg

I can see that area very clearly in my mind as I passed by there multiple times each day using the ThermalSpa, but cannot say exactly what's there. It's across from the Hydropool, behind the bathrooms and adjacent to the hair salon - just as you walk across the metal threshold. There is a wall, no door, so my guess would be storage of some kind or equipment room. 

That area is really quiet and with the spa closing at 10pm (maybe 9 if they reduce hours) I wouldn't think it would be loud overhead.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We were in 8022 last February and March, it’s not exactly the same as your stateroom, but the area was very quiet.  I would not be afraid of this area. 

Edited by Cruiz'nBaers
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Julia! 

I am 90% sure that is storage area for the spa. The reason I say that is I swear I recall the foot guy (you know, the one who does the foot analysis stuff) drag out his big billboard advertisement from that area.

The spa girls also give chair massaged right in that area as you enter the lido and those require storage somewhere too.

Don't quote me because my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I would place my money on storage. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2024 at 10:52 AM, julia said:

Thx for the reply...  this photo (looking aft) shows a door, so I'm also thinking it's storage.

Screenshot_20240728_093801_Firefox.jpg

Thanks for the picture- I just didn't recall the door. Still not a loud, rowdy area.