Live from Enchanted Princess - East/West Carib 27 July-10 August

mdgary

There is a conversation going around that there was a brutal assault on a passenger in the Crooners Bar last night/early this morning, and that three passengers were kicked off the ship. Have you heard anything about this? The person who was assaulted is hoping to find any photos or video of the incident.

1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

There is a conversation going around that there was a brutal assault on a passenger in the Crooners Bar last night/early this morning, and that three passengers were kicked off the ship. Have you heard anything about this? The person who was assaulted is hoping to find any photos or video of the incident.

We overheard a passenger talking with one of the bartenders about a incident and he had pictures. We didn’t hear any details though.

• Like 1

Back in Ft Lauderdale for turnaround to Eastern Caribbean. Very smooth and easy in-transit back onboard. Met in Princess Theater around 9:30 for quick walk-off for immigration screening (photo recognition) and the back on (had to wait in lounge for about 10 minutes as one person apparently didn’t want to participate). Probably a little less than 100 people continuing on this week.

Day 6 in Cozumel was enjoyable. Prior to our excursion we went to Fat Tuesdays for some nachos and drinks and well worth the money. Out excursion was the boat to Pasion Island. The trip over takes about a hour and once there its a nice beach with all you can eat/drink. The food wasn’t worth the lengthy wait to get it but we still enjoyed the island. Only bad side was the tour was supposed to get back around 5:10 for 5:30 all onboard. The boat didn’t get back until right at 5:30 and then it was another 10 minutes or so walk back to the ship. Because of the delay we missed our early dining time so not steak/lobster for us (probably could have done walk-in at a later time but didn’t bother.

Day 7 was a nice relaxing day onboard and was able to get a very late seating for Sabatinis. Meal and service were both excellent and highly recommend trying.

Day 8/1 Patter and menu attached…. Dinner menu is the exact same for previous day 1 so hope we are not in line for a week of repeats.

IMG_3597.jpeg

IMG_3598.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3461.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 9/2 - Today we had a Princess Cay stop. We didn’t get off the ship but we did stop briefly. Unfortunately currents and waves made it impossible for the ship to use the shuttles to and from the island safely. On the bright side we have been to Princess Cays several times so not a big deal and temps have been great for another sea day. Went to O’Malley’s for the third time since we have been onboard. The fish and chips or O’Malley burger are delicious. Also signed up for week access to the Enclave yesterday. It’s not very large but they said they only allow 60 to sign up per cruise. Patter and tonights menu attached…

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3612.jpeg

Day 10/3 today… Another relaxing sea day today. Did the Enclave in the morning for a couple of hours and then off to the Sanctuary for the afternoon. We were lucky to be able to book one of the last available sessions for all 3 sea days last week. The Sanctuary area is not that large and only has about 40 total loungers. Well worth the $40:for the two of us per session. Although the meals are some repeats from last week we have enjoyed our dinners in the Amalfi this week. Nothing special but still good. Patter and menu attached.

IMG_3639.jpeg

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

IMG_3646.jpeg

Day 11/4 - San Juan Puerto Rico today for a extended stop from 7:00AM - 9:30PM. Just did the Beach Escape at Vivo Beach Club. The beach club is a short 15 minute bus ride from the port. On arrival you are given a brief description of the property and the. its of to the beach or pool area. Plenty of loungers at either location and they will provide a umbrella for you at the beach,  Food and drink are not included but the prices were not that bad and the food was very good. Once back onboard we spent a little time in the Enclave to relax a little more. Skipping dinner in the main dining room tonight as nothing looks appetizing so will probably give Gigi’s a try tonight. Patter and menu attached..

IMG_3655.jpeg

IMG_3656.jpeg

IMG_3657.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks, mdgary, for continuing to report during your second week on board. We are on the next cruise, leaving this Saturday, Aug. 10. Wondering where you docked in San Juan—at the Pan American terminal, or at the docks along Calle Marina (right within walking distance of Old San Juan?). Thanks! 

I just found your starting of the posting on the Enchanted Princess ship. We did the Regal in February, and now  the 7 or 8 of us are planning on doing the Enchanted in February of the 10 days southern cruise. I plan to follow along and pick up any suggestions that may be made here.

16 hours ago, geehp said:

Thanks, mdgary, for continuing to report during your second week on board. We are on the next cruise, leaving this Saturday, Aug. 10. Wondering where you docked in San Juan—at the Pan American terminal, or at the docks along Calle Marina (right within walking distance of Old San Juan?). Thanks! 

We were at Calle Marina. We didn't go over to Old San Juan just because it was to hot but probably 15 minutes walk or so

Posted (edited)

We are also considering that 10 day Southern Carib.

Actually have not done that itinerary yet!

mdgary,  If you get a minute later...  Are you at St. Thomas today?

I was hoping to find out whether the ship is pulled in forward (Port facing the harbor), or backed in. (Port facing the dock/port).  TIA?

edited to add:  Looks like I found a webcam, and the ship is pulled in...

Looks like it captured another ship pulling in, in front of the Enchanted, later in the morning.

Thanks for posting!!  I hope you are having a nice day on your cruise!

Edited by Wishing on a star

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We are also considering that 10 day Southern Carib.

Actually have not done that itinerary yet!

mdgary,  If you get a minute later...  Are you at St. Thomas today?

I was hoping to find out whether the ship is pulled in forward (Port facing the harbor), or backed in. (Port facing the dock/port).  TIA?

edited to add:  Looks like I found a webcam, and the ship is pulled in...

Looks like it captured another ship pulling in, in front of the Enchanted, later in the morning.

Thanks for posting!!  I hope you are having a nice day on your cruise!

Yes we pulled in forward and the Norwegian Breakaway came in a couple hours after us. And if the 10 days is the ABC islands we have done it twice and really enjoyed them.

P8070415.jpeg

Edited by mdgary

Day 12/5 - St Thomas. Another beautiful day today in St Thomas, Just did the tram to the top of the top for a great view of our ship and St Thomas. Had a nice brunch/lunch at the restaurant and a couple of drinks. My wife had to try the famous “bushwacker” cocktail and really enjoyed it. On our way back to he ship hit several of the stores for souvenirs. On thing nice about St Thomas is the cabbies and vendors don’t bug you like most port cities. They ask and take a polite no thank you and continue on.Skipped dinner last night and went to Gigi’s for pizza. The pizzas are delicious and rather large for one person. The only odd thing is we asked for a box for the leftovers to take back to the cabin but were told they can’t do that. They do room service pizzas from there sos didn’t make a lot of sense but not a big deal. Patters and menu attached for St Thomas day.

IMG_3659.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3661.jpeg

P8070431.jpeg

P8070432.jpeg

P8070408.jpeg

P8070378.jpeg

P8070373.jpeg

P8070390.jpeg

P8070399.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 13/6 - Sea day … Another beautiful sea day. Doing morning in the Enclave and afternoon in the Sanctuary again. Last formal night tonight but we are just keeping in casual again(slacks/button down shirt, etc). I know the dining room is air conditioned but just to warm for suite and tie in the caribbean. Although some people do dress up it seems to be maybe 25% or so on both these weeks. Patter and menu attached along with a few cabin pictures ((B617).

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

P7270134.jpeg

P7270133.jpeg

P7270138.jpeg

P7270140.jpeg

P7270144.jpeg

7 minutes ago, mdgary said:

Day 13/6 - Sea day … Another beautiful sea day. Doing morning in the Enclave and afternoon in the Sanctuary again. Last formal night tonight but we are just keeping in casual again(slacks/button down shirt, etc). I know the dining room is air conditioned but just to warm for suite and tie in the caribbean. Although some people do dress up it seems to be maybe 25% or so on both these weeks. Patter and menu attached along with a few cabin pictures ((B617).

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

P7270134.jpeg

P7270133.jpeg

P7270138.jpeg

P7270140.jpeg

P7270144.jpeg

enjoying this thread - an excellent distribution of Patters, Menus, other pictures (very nice), and commentary.  Easy read , not overwhelming at all.

You've nailed it.

• Like 1

With just one more day left before we return to Fort Lauderdale I wanted to mention a couple things about the Enchanted Princess. First off the ship is only a couple of years old and looks great. Really like O’Malley’s food and service. Onboard musical entertainment has been excellent (Ella Ryan - acoustic guitar/vocalist but she leaves the ship once we get back to port and Anthony Michael pianist/vocalist). Overall food has be ok but nothing really special. And being on a back to back cruise really not thrilled to see repeat of menus.One big negative is the lack of a real walk around Promenade deck. Miss being able to make that walk or just relax in a lounger. While there are a couple things we were not thrilled about we have really enjoyed our time onboard and would definitely cruise on Enchanted Princess again. Including a few pictures from around the ship.

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3490.jpeg

IMG_3530.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

IMG_3565.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

P8020317.jpeg

P8020306.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 14/7 - Worst day of the cruise..The last day! Dinner in Amalfi was excellent last night as I had the land (tenderloins) and my wife had the sea (lobster tails). Our server for the entire 2 weeks has been Anthony and he has been wonderful even though he didn’t have his assistant on several evenings so he was kept very busy. Also want to acknowledge our room steward Ronaldo. We haven’t seen him much other than greeting us in the hallways as he has also been very busy attending to the cabins but he has been great as well. Final day in the Sanctuary and hopefully there will be a breeze this afternoon as yesterday was complete dead air and just to hot to stay to long. Final day patter and menu attached.

IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3688.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

Thank you for the blog, getting me excited for my turn in 3 weeks!  Also giving me an idea of the menu, I'd assume they stay somewhat the same even though we'll be sailing from NY and heading up North.

I'm back reading more of your review with pictures, which I always like. You mentioned of doing the tram to the top at St. Thomas. Are you referring to what they call Paradise Point? I have done that a couple times, and I want the rest of my group to see/do it as well, and it is beautiful looking out from there. My "weakness" in St. Thomas is the jewelry, as there is NO tax, which I really like.

3 hours ago, beshears said:

I'm back reading more of your review with pictures, which I always like. You mentioned of doing the tram to the top at St. Thomas. Are you referring to what they call Paradise Point? I have done that a couple times, and I want the rest of my group to see/do it as well, and it is beautiful looking out from there. My "weakness" in St. Thomas is the jewelry, as there is NO tax, which I really like.

Yes it is Paradise Point. Beautiful view from up there.

Yes I feel the same way about Paradise Point in St. Thomas. I'm hoping those that will be with me in February, will be able to SEE what I have seen in the past, as it is so beautiful, up above, looking down.