Frozen Drinks in Mexico

J13C85

Visiting Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV in early Dec. My friends always tell me not to drink the water. I like frozen drinks and was wondering if it is safe to order margaritas and other cocktails from places like Senor Frogs or Captain Tony's in Cabo.

TIA

Have lived in Puerto Vallarta for 18 winters and never give water/ice a 2nd thought at any of the local bars/restaurants.  

Hank

I don't drink the water (or iced drinks) at street stands in Mexico.  But at any decent sit-down restaurant, I have no hesitation, and I've never gotten sick from the water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is is safe to consume iced drinks and fresh fruits and vegetables from beach clubs on Playa Del Carmen like Martina or Coralina and places like Xcaret?  

31 minutes ago, ycl said:

Is is safe to consume iced drinks and fresh fruits and vegetables from beach clubs on Playa Del Carmen like Martina or Coralina and places like Xcaret?  

Yes.

By the way, those are on the Caribbean side of Mexico. The Mexican Rivera is the Pacific side.