Coming soon! Live from my Norwegian Sky Canada/New England cruise 10/9/2024 to 10/19/2024 Quebec to Baltimore.

Yay…can’t wait to enjoy your cruise experience with you.  I like big ships, little ships, midsize ships…just as long they’re a cruise ship 🚢.    

Your cruise timing should be really beautiful up in Canada and New England.  Can’t wait to see some pics.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yay…can’t wait to enjoy your cruise experience with you.  I like big ships, little ships, midsize ships…just as long they’re a cruise ship 🚢.    

Your cruise timing should be really beautiful up in Canada and New England.  Can’t wait to see some pics.

I am charging the cameras up. Between the phone, digital camera and GoPro, I should get some great shots. 

• Like 2

Let me know if you have specific questions about the Sky, aft facing balconies (not in a suite) or any of the ports. I am flying on two days before embarkation. Staying at the Auberge Sainte Pierre which is very close to the port. I am going to be posting lots of pictures depending on the quality of the Internet. If there is anything specific you want to know, I can find out for you. 

Itinerary is as follows: 

Canada & New England: Bar Harbour, Halifax - Travel Best Bets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So....since I was the inaugural poster on your live, I would like to request drama queen (king?) privileges!!! I've earned it. 🙂 But, my drama will be only to encourage you to share all the tea with us as it happens onboard! 

Anyway, no more ridiculousness, for now. 30 days! That's a huge milestone! Just think, in nine days you can do your online check-in. Yasssss!! And then it'll be time to go to Quebec City. I can't wait to see all your photos of that fantastically European city! 

Are you still planning on La Cucina, Cagney's, and Le Bistro? If you're like us, then you've changed the reservations like three times and will do so another five times by the time we eat at whatever restaurant we're going to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

So....since I was the inaugural poster on your live, I would like to request drama queen (king?) privileges!!! I've earned it. 🙂 But, my drama will be only to encourage you to share all the tea with us as it happens onboard! 

Anyway, no more ridiculousness, for now. 30 days! That's a huge milestone! Just think, in nine days you can do your online check-in. Yasssss!! And then it'll be time to go to Quebec City. I can't wait to see all your photos of that fantastically European city! 

Are you still planning on La Cucina, Cagney's, and Le Bistro? If you're like us, then you've changed the reservations like three times and will do so another five times by the time we eat at whatever restaurant we're going to.

If there is something weird on the ship, I will let you know. I am thinking that the biggest thing that may be a challenge compared to the Pearl might be the cabin size and the storage. But I will report what I see. So, do not worry, I will bring you the good and the bad and all the tea in between. Yes, restaurants are booked. Cagney's is on embarkation day. I have heard from some that service has been slow so we shall see. I am usually not in a hurry and plan to make good use of my beverage package, if you know what I mean. ☺️La Cucina on the Pearl was okay, not spectacular. We never ate Le Bistro so that will be new for us. We will be exploring the food at the ports so I will be taking lots of pictures. Lots of people complain about the food. I am not a foodie and unless it is so bad, I am sure the food will be okay. 9 days until check in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 days out! I should be able to check in in next Wednesday, 9/18. I upload the new NCL app. Not sure what to make of it yet. The old one was not the best. Wouldn't it be great if the new app could do stuff like the Princess medallions, like open your door when you have had a little too much celebration at the bar. I don't see that happening. Anyway, tomorrow getting my COVID and flu shot. My doctor said to get them at least 2 weeks prior to sailing. Gathering all of my travel documents and getting organized. Once I check in to the cruise, I will start the packing process. I am watching the Quebec City port cam on YouTube. Right now, there are three ships in and it looks beautiful with everything lit up. Apparently, there is a music festival going on. Must have been pretty crowded in Quebec today. There were originally four ships, but the NCL Gem left. Won't be long now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just booked this cruise today. Having done a live/semi-live report on my last cruise I was considering the possibility of doing another for this one. Not sure if I’ll do my own to give you some competition, just borrow this one to post some stuff, or just relax and not bother sharing anything with anyone. Lots of other last minute planning to take care of first. I’m sure I’ll end up reading this one way or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey @Denise T!

I saw this today and wondered how I missed it!

Nice start. 😊

You have been planning for awhile so I can't believe I didn't see this. I am also a big planner. I usually peruse the NCL thread.

I am a big NCL cruiser so am curious about the Skye. I have been on a few ships but not the Syke or the Pearl. Both on my list. I want to cruise all the different ships on NCL.

It is a beautiful cruise. I cruised the same area a couple of years ago but not on NCL.

I can tell by your writings that you and your sister are excited! 

Does Fancy do ok being boarded? I used to board my cat when I traveled and he would come home spoiled, so he did well.

Following along...😎

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Hey @Denise T!

I saw this today and wondered how I missed it!

Nice start. 😊

You have been planning for awhile so I can't believe I didn't see this. I am also a big planner. I usually peruse the NCL thread.

I am a big NCL cruiser so am curious about the Skye. I have been on a few ships but not the Syke or the Pearl. Both on my list. I want to cruise all the different ships on NCL.

It is a beautiful cruise. I cruised the same area a couple of years ago but not on NCL.

I can tell by your writings that you and your sister are excited! 

Does Fancy do ok being boarded? I used to board my cat when I traveled and he would come home spoiled, so he did well.

Following along...😎

She and the cats board at our vet hospital. They take such good care of her. She doesn't particular like it, but they love her because she is so well behaved. She will get lots of love and attention. 

• Like 2

22 days out. Check in is tomorrow.

For each cruise I create a binder with all my important information in it such as the itinerary, hotel reservations, flight reservations, shore excursion info, etc. Well, that task is complete! I am now creating a packing list for about 14 days. Let's see how this goes. 

• Like 1

Ooooo!!!! One more sleep! I'm so excited for you - don't ask me why. I just am. I'm an odd duck! Anyway, once your packing list is done, you'll only be a week out. I hope you get pleasant fall temps and autumn sunshine on your trip! The leaves are just now slowly starting to turn in Upstate NY. I bet you'll have amazing foliage up in Quebec! 

• Like 3

We were on the Sky last Fall for 20 days. We did roundtrip from Baltimore. It was easy to  embark and disembark in Baltimore.  We had perfect weather on the way to Quebec, not so much on the way back. We made the most of it and enjoyed the cruise very much. 

The sports bar isn't a 24 hour restaurant, unfortunately. On sea days, one of the main dining rooms will be open for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's is great, LaCucina was ok but LeBistro was amazing. If you like pork chops, try one. It was the size of a small roast. 

We also took the hop-on, hop-off bus in Boston. We booked through Viator which saved a few dollars. We cruised over Labor Day, so we got to see the swan boats (it was the last day of the season). 

The Sky is really small but we enjoy her. The cabins are compact so storage is tricky. We use packing cubes and left our folded clothing in the cubes and stacked them on the safe. 

I think the Sky has Starlink now and the cabins have USB ports in the lights by the beds. You'll find just one US electrical outlet at the vanity/desk. This area is very tight. If you're planning on working, I suggest you find another area on the ship so you can spread out a bit.

If you have any questions about the Sky, I may be able to help you.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

The Sky is really small but we enjoy her. The cabins are compact so storage is tricky. We use packing cubes and left our folded clothing in the cubes and stacked them on the safe. 

Thanks for the tip.  We’ll be on the Sky next year and I’ve heard the cabins are compact. What cabin type did you have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks for the tip.  We’ll be on the Sky next year and I’ve heard the cabins are compact. What cabin type did you have?

We've had both ocean view and balcony cabins. The balcony cabins are laid out better, IMO. The doors to the balcony are real doors, not a slider. There is a port hole window next to the door.  Seating in both will consist of a small loveseat size sofa. And a stool by the vanity/desk. The balcony will have 2 chairs and a very small table (we brought it inside so we'd have a place for a beverage when sitting on the couch.  I'll see if I can find photos of the closet setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just got off the Joy yesterday, which sailed the Canada portion of your itinerary (and ended in NYC). Looking forward to your report and reliving my journey. I'm not a cruiser but I needed a much more relaxed vacation than usual - this fit the bill and I was able to rest and pamper myself. The Thermal Spa pass was worth it, especially when I used credit card points to pay for it. 

Enjoy Quebec City, it's very cute. Just be aware some parts are quite hilly and steep-ish. Since it was my third time, I just walked the Upper and Lower Town looking for Mr. Pink, an art installation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

I'll see if I can find photos of the closet setup.  We had back-to-back cruises, so I packed more than usual. This was in 2015 and I've learned to pack lighter.  Also, there are basket drawers under the safe. And you can store your luggage under the beds.

FB_IMG_1726680952597.jpg

Edited by OceanDreaming2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

We were on the Sky last Fall for 20 days. We did roundtrip from Baltimore. It was easy to  embark and disembark in Baltimore.  We had perfect weather on the way to Quebec, not so much on the way back. We made the most of it and enjoyed the cruise very much. 

The sports bar isn't a 24 hour restaurant, unfortunately. On sea days, one of the main dining rooms will be open for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's is great, LaCucina was ok but LeBistro was amazing. If you like pork chops, try one. It was the size of a small roast. 

We also took the hop-on, hop-off bus in Boston. We booked through Viator which saved a few dollars. We cruised over Labor Day, so we got to see the swan boats (it was the last day of the season). 

I think the Sky has Starlink now and the cabins have USB ports in the lights by the beds. You'll find just one US electrical outlet at the vanity/desk. This area is very tight. If you're planning on working, I suggest you find another area on the ship so you can spread out a bit.

If you have any questions about the Sky, I may be able to help you.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the tips. I am already planning for the fact that even though I am in an aft facing balcony, it will probably be smaller than the balcony cabin we had on the Pearl. We will make the storage work. We also use packing cubes which come in handy. 

• Like 1