LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

The food has been good to me this evening. The British lady next to us is angry about everything. Normally a few complaints I let slide. Things happen. She complaining about the full dessert and coffee menu. Nothing is to her liking. Not enough with each dessert. Gelato not ice cream… she doesn’t want even vanilla. She’s mad about what someone else is wear. A lady’s jumpsuit looks like pajamas. Now she has her son(?) ordering her ICE CREAM   No espresso. No gelato. Ice cream. Rika is on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

6 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The food has been good to me this evening. The British lady next to us is angry about everything. Normally a few complaints I let slide. Things happen. She complaining about the full dessert and coffee menu. Nothing is to her liking. Not enough with each dessert. Gelato not ice cream… she doesn’t want even vanilla. She’s mad about what someone else is wear. A lady’s jumpsuit looks like pajamas. Now she has her son(?) ordering her ICE CREAM   No espresso. No gelato. Ice cream. Rika is on it. 

Too bad they didn’t leave her in France.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Should I be worried that this VV staffer is all ready wearing his life vest?! 

image.jpg

Alternate caption: 

Focus on the lady...

"Who ripped one?"

• Haha 11

Wow. That was something. We separately snuck out. I’m sure it’s like very British humor but he lost it with me when he changed the words to a Sound of Music song to being about choking fetishes. Mix that with bad dad jokes and that was 37 minutes of my life I won’t get back. 

• Haha 19

@MeganGC1983 your gelato/ice cream story reminded me of an Entitled couple at the Wake when we cruised VV last year. They were sitting right beside us and tried to engage us in their war with the Wake staff! Having picked apart everything they ate (but completely finished) they insisted that the serving staff should make a special trip out to the 'Lick Me Til I Scream' place to get them a special flavor of ice cream!

When the server, the server's assistant, the manager and the host all explained that they couldn't do that, but they were more than welcome to grab it on their way out of the restaurant, they were INDIGNANT! It was simply unacceptable that the staff wouldn't go to another facility onboard to get them what they wanted and they were suitably outraged that we didn't immediately agree with them. 

As they left, DH asked me 'so should I insist they bring me some sushi from the Galley' loud enough that they heard! They gave us side eye the rest of the cruise whenever they saw us...

• Haha 22

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

@MeganGC1983 your gelato/ice cream story reminded me of an Entitled couple at the Wake when we cruised VV last year. They were sitting right beside us and tried to engage us in their war with the Wake staff! Having picked apart everything they ate (but completely finished) they insisted that the serving staff should make a special trip out to the 'Lick Me Til I Scream' place to get them a special flavor of ice cream!

When the server, the server's assistant, the manager and the host all explained that they couldn't do that, but they were more than welcome to grab it on their way out of the restaurant, they were INDIGNANT! It was simply unacceptable that the staff wouldn't go to another facility onboard to get them what they wanted and they were suitably outraged that we didn't immediately agree with them. 

As they left, DH asked me 'so should I insist they bring me some sushi from the Galley' loud enough that they heard! They gave us side eye the rest of the cruise whenever they saw us...

Deep breath… apparently we have to live with these people now. I really blame coffee… once they started putting HOT on the cups survival of the fittest became a thing of the past and we are screwed. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Haha 20

10 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Wow, they would not have liked my response and I would have RESPONDED as I've been in customer service over 30 years now 🙄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yay Saint Lucia and USA! 🇺🇸 ok back to regularly scheduled cruising. 

I'm now taking my Saint Lucia hat next week,  I bought it on my March Celebrity cruise. 

• Like 2