My Rotterdam video (revised) . A great ship in a great line!

Posted (edited)

There is incorrect information in your video.  

If you have the Signature Drink package the 18% gratuity is included so you can get an $11 drink without being charged the 1.98 service charge.  Yes, it shows on the receipt but did the charge actually show up on your account?  It never has on mine.

Also, you talk about the MDR being slow and not being able to get the sides you prefer but you state you did not eat there.  My husband and I rarely spend more than an hour at our table for 2 fixed seating with 3 courses.  If we don’t like the sides that come with the entree we simply substitute a different side from the menu and they are happy to accommodate us.

I’m glad you enjoyed the ship and your cruise.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 6

When we returned to our stateroom the $1.98 fee was charged to our account. My son gave us cruise credit so we upgraded to elite so it wasn't an ongoing problem. We have cruised many Hal cruises and have dined in the dining room before. The food quality is good but not necessarily better than the buffet and a lot of the featured items are in both. Over the years we have come to realize that the buffet is just a better fit for us. just a matter of preference. Do get a fan next time you go because the improvement to your cabins comfort is significant .  

Club Orange dining on the Pinnacle class vessels makes breakfast and dinner outstanding.

Service is rapid, usually no wait for a table and we always request the same wait staff who after the first meal know our preferences. Also nice to have meals served hot!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wdblake said:

When we returned to our stateroom the $1.98 fee was charged to our account.

If the 1.98 was charged to your account it was an error.  Billing errors are easily corrected using the Navigator app. I have sailed 36 days so far this year and have never paid a service charge on an $11 beverage.  Here is the language from the website.

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11 or less and beverage service charges. 

53 minutes ago, wdblake said:

We have cruised many Hal cruises and have dined in the dining room before. The food quality is good but not necessarily better than the buffet and a lot of the featured items are in both. Over the years we have come to realize that the buffet is just a better fit for us. just a matter of preference.

I am glad you enjoy the Lido buffet.  We prefer the MDR and have found the service to be efficient and we are able to have the entrees customized to meet our tastes.  It is wonderful that people with different preferences can have their needs met.

59 minutes ago, wdblake said:

Do get a fan next time you go because the improvement to your cabins comfort is significant .  

I have never needed a fan and have sailed to some very hot ports but others may appreciate knowing they are available.

Happy cruising!

• Like 2

Great to see - a polite conversation between people whose expectations and experience may differ. You set a good example (wdblake; 0106). And I am not being patronizing.

(I have spent much time considering this comment, hoping it will not offend anyone, which is not my intent.)

Enjoy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The New York deli for breakfast is probably one of the best kept secrets.  Never much of a line and doesn't take much time at all.  Comes in handy if you have an excursion and don't have much time for breakfast and you can sit outside!  The Rotterdam is really a beautiful ship!

• Like 2