Booking a future cruise while onboard ..

Piaa

We are booked for our first Explora cruise next February and thinking ahead and wondering what the onboard future cruise discount is if we book 1 (or 2) more while we are sailing (is it 10%?).   My friend thought she read somewhere that they give you a code to book yourself and there is no desk?  

Any help is appreciated - thank you 

You could wait--however often ( and I have experienced this ) you get NO on board booking discount at all--as they state you do not get it with most of their offers.  And there are always offers going on. So I would say if you see a deal grab it and dont wait until you are onboard.

@Elizabethbea thank you - where do you see the deals that they are offering please. I created account with explorer but do they send promotional emails or does your travel agent let you know?

thank you for any help

Just go to their website, open the menu in the upper left corner and select “exclusive offers”. 
My suggestion would also be to jump on any offer that suits you and not wait to book onboard. Otherwise you might miss out on deals which might have saved you money. 
A new birthday offer just came out today, at least in Germany, which gives you some OBC and which can be used on top of other ongoing offers like the current Penthouse Dream one ( attention here, as you need to book a category PH for that, there is no upgrade from GT to PH as one could think. )

• Like 2

Myself I would wait for their big holiday sale, since you are looking far in advance.  Their bookings are not going like hotcakes.  Last year they had a 30 to 50% off sale on Black Friday.  No guarantee that they will repeat, but these heavily discounted sales are "new bookings only" and they will not refare an existing.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2024 at 2:34 PM, PaulMCO said:

Myself I would wait for their big holiday sale, since you are looking far in advance.  Their bookings are not going like hotcakes.  Last year they had a 30 to 50% off sale on Black Friday.  No guarantee that they will repeat, but these heavily discounted sales are "new bookings only" and they will not refare an existing.

And sometimes these discounts can be stacked, but you may need a wired-in travel advisor to go to bat with their business development manager. I added a ‘new’ booking on the front end of an existing booking. My TA went back and forth and got me the promotion on at the time as well as a less publicized loyal Yacht Club guest promotion.  Amounted to a ~45% discount.  

• Like 1