Edge S3 on 6th deck?

I've been trying to find photos or reviews for the S3 magic carpet suites on the 6th deck but haven't been able to find really much at all.  Maybe I just haven't been searching correctly.  We would rather have 12th deck but there is nothing available on the cruise we are looking at.  I was looking at possibly 6190.  Anyone stayed in that particular cabin or any of the others?  Thanks.

I have.  But, I was in a friend's cabin on the 12th deck several years back and it was a bit different than what the layout showed.  I was just seeing if one had a bigger balcony, etc and the differences of the ones on the edge of the magic carpet vs the middle.

Posted (edited)

The ones on the edge have a window in the balcony wall.  We have been in a number MCSS and the only variation in layout has been which side wall of the cabin the bed is on. 

Personally I would avoid deck 12 as the Magic Carpet is sitting above it and looking up I kept seeing the locking mechanism and it seemed to make the balcony darker. 
IMG_4460.thumb.jpeg.7e295f37d9e934b739a8b4e47716f151.jpeg

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The ones on the edge have a window in the balcony wall.  We have been in a number MCSS and the only variation in layout has been which side wall of the cabin the bed is on. 

Personally I would avoid deck 12 as the Magic Carpet is sitting above it and looking up I kept seeing the locking mechanism and it seemed to make the balcony darker. 
IMG_4460.thumb.jpeg.7e295f37d9e934b739a8b4e47716f151.jpeg

Thank you!  Which cabin is this?  Do you have an inside pic?  I appreciate it.

8 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

I've been trying to find photos or reviews for the S3 magic carpet suites on the 6th deck but haven't been able to find really much at all.  ...

I was looking at possibly 6190.  Anyone stayed in that particular cabin or any of the others? 

Here is a YouTube of 6184 on the Edge. 

Here is a photo of 6190 on the Apex

CelSky619-15520-1621524960.webp

Here is a YouTube of 6202 on Ascent 

Found all of these on cruisedeckplans.com 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and photos 81Zoomie!  I went ahead and booked 9204 which is just underneath and should be similar.  

DaKahuna - Thanks for the links, I watched them all!  I decided to stay away from 6 and go with the 9th deck.  I'm originally from Northern Virginia!!!  Spent most of my life there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

Thank you!  Which cabin is this?  Do you have an inside pic?  I appreciate it.

It was on the forward end of the MC on deck 10.  Sorry no good inside picture.  

13 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

I'm originally from Northern Virginia!!!  Spent most of my life there!

I am originally from Alabama.  Joined the Navy and spent 24 years west of California.  Moved back to the Mainland in 1996 to this area for work.  

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am originally from Alabama.  Joined the Navy and spent 24 years west of California.  Moved back to the Mainland in 1996 to this area for work.  

It's a great area for work!  I left in 2013 and now live in the Smoky Mountains.  It is definitely a change, but a good one.  I do go back up there once or twice a year.