Cabin Selection Not Available (14 day cruise)

Hi,

I looked at cabin selection for 14 day cruise (Alaska 2026) BUT I cannot make a "specific" cabin selection.  I only see a RESERVE button which allows me to make a "guarantee" cabin selection.

1)  Any idea if or when Princess will allow guests to make a "specific" cabin selection?

2)  Any idea why guests cannot make a "specific" cabin selection at this time?

3)  Is "guarantee" cabin my only option or should I check back later to see if "specific" cabin selections are allowed.

Thanks for your help.

I wish I could figure out what Princess is doing these days.  I have been trying to price a balcony cabin for our August 2025 cruise and it is showing sold out.  Prior to that, I could only pick an inside cabin.  I really doubt that our 2025 cruise is sold out.  Frankly, I think Princess is playing games.  Hope you have better luck than I am having.

• Like 1

I've had this happen when searching for other cruises.  Clearing my browser history seemed to help or it could have just been another glitchy website problems.  I just checked a 2026 Alaska cruise and was able to see rooms available but there weren't many - it did look like several decks only had guarantees available for the category I was checking.

• Like 1

I see from your other post you are looking at a 14 day 2026 Alaska cruise.

If this is a combination of 2 7-day cruises (north and south or vice versa), you might want to look at the individual 7 day cruises.They typically allocate few cabins to the 14-day cruise.  

I found this out when I booked a 14-day for this past May.

Sometimes it’s less expensive to book it as a 14-day and sometimes not.  Also the shareholder benefit is $50 more if the booking is 14 days.  However if you add the plus package it’s better if you have the 2 7-day cruises since you get 2 casual dining per cruise.

Just check to see if you can get the same cabin by looking at both 7-day cruises.

Hope this makes sense.

• Like 2

Believe you are looking at what is really two 7 day cruises. Try booking as two 7 day cruises. There probably will be cabins available. I always book b2bs in this manner. Provides additional flexibility with very little, if any, penalties. It may actually be a better deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Currently, I have a 14-day cruise booked to Alaska in an inside cabin.  I wanted to see how much it would be to upgrade to a balcony cabin and pricing was not available.  I went and checked by doing two 7-day cruises using my same itinerary information.  I will be passing as the two 7-day cruise total over $12,000.  Thanks but no thanks. 

• Like 1