Cruise stopping at Montego Bay

DB2VA

Doing research on my Panama cruise I read that we need to fill out online the Jamaca C5 form for our stop at Montego Bay. Does anyone have information on this. Thank you.

I've looked at a number of Jamaican government documents on the C5 and they all refer to arriving air passengers. No mention (that I've seen) of cruise passengers having to fill out the form.

I have found conflicting information on if you need the C 5 form if your ship has a stop in Jamaica. What is your experience?? Thank you.

Posted (edited)

The C-5 form is for airline passengers. Passengers calling by cruise ship at Jamaica do not need it.  

Online Passenger Declaration Form | Jamaica Customs Agency Website (jacustoms.gov.jm)

"On July 24, 2019, the Passport, Immigration and  Citizen Agency (PICA), in collaboration with the Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA), launched the online version of the Immigration/Customs Declaration Form (C5 Form), which will allow for more efficient processing of air passengers and baggage at the island’s international airports."

Have a fun cruise!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

On 8/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, DB2VA said:

Doing research on my Panama cruise I read that we need to fill out online the Jamaca C5 form for our stop at Montego Bay. Does anyone have information on this. Thank you.

6 hours ago, DB2VA said:

I have found conflicting information on if you need the C 5 form if your ship has a stop in Jamaica. What is your experience?? Thank you.

Hello @DB2VA

Your two threads regarding the same topic have been merged into one thread on the correct forum where it is on topic. Due to the Cruise Critic software, all posts appear in post date/time order in this newly merged thread. Now all the replies will be in one place.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies such as this one. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are posting! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

20 hours ago, oakridger said:

The C-5 form is for airline passengers. Passengers calling by cruise ship at Jamaica do not need it.  

Online Passenger Declaration Form | Jamaica Customs Agency Website (jacustoms.gov.jm)

"On July 24, 2019, the Passport, Immigration and  Citizen Agency (PICA), in collaboration with the Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA), launched the online version of the Immigration/Customs Declaration Form (C5 Form), which will allow for more efficient processing of air passengers and baggage at the island’s international airports."

Have a fun cruise!

~Nancy

So confusing:Cruise passengers traveling to Jamaica do not need a visa for entry. Instead, they are required to complete the Jamaica C5 Form, which is an online version of the immigration and customs declaration for individuals arriving in Jamaica. All individuals, regardless of age, are required to complete the Jamaica C5 form.

5 hours ago, DB2VA said:

So confusing:Cruise passengers traveling to Jamaica do not need a visa for entry. Instead, they are required to complete the Jamaica C5 Form, which is an online version of the immigration and customs declaration for individuals arriving in Jamaica. All individuals, regardless of age, are required to complete the Jamaica C5 form.

Can you reference the above quote?  What government entity is it from?

Thanks,

~Nancy

Thank you that was a good idea. The only place that says the C 5 form is needed for cruise passengers is from Visas for Future website. And that is a site which charges to fill out the otherwise free C 5 form. So, you are correct. Thank you. Donna