Ruby Princess currently stuck in Skagway

lstone19

We're currently aboard Ruby Princess. We shoved away from the Railroad Dock Forward (the one where you tender) on time at 8:30pm, stopped to load the port-side tenders which were in use all day (port was to the dock), and it's three hours later and that's as far as we've gone. It appears they can't get one of the cables to come down completely and attach to one of the boats.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Endicott Arm with Ketchikan on Sunday. There's probably a few hours of slack in the schedule but not a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lstone19 said:

We're currently aboard Ruby Princess. We shoved away from the Railroad Dock Forward (the one where you tender) on time at 8:30pm, stopped to load the port-side tenders which were in use all day (port was to the dock), and it's three hours later and that's as far as we've gone. It appears they can't get one of the cables to come down completely and attach to one of the boats.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Endicott Arm with Ketchikan on Sunday. There's probably a few hours of slack in the schedule but not a lot.

Are they doing an Endicott Arm small boat excursion? I'm interested in this because we have a 2026 booking on the Star that goes there.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Are they doing an Endicott Arm small boat excursion? I'm interested in this because we have a 2026 booking on the Star that goes there.

AFAIK, there were no excursions offered for Endicott Arm (I wasn't looking for one when we looked at excursions but I don't think any were offered nor has anything been mentioned about them in the usual night before announcements). 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Wanted to know if there is an additional speciality coffee location near the buffet area.  I know there is one on Deck 5. We are on Ruby 8/13/24.

I hope you are having or had a great cruise. 
Thanks. 

On 8/3/2024 at 7:50 AM, lstone19 said:

AFAIK, there were no excursions offered for Endicott Arm (I wasn't looking for one when we looked at excursions but I don't think any were offered nor has anything been mentioned about them in the usual night before announcements). 

We have been to Endicott Arm with Princess many times.  Last year ewe were on the Discovery and we couldn't get close enough to the glacier to even see it.  The captain said it was because there was too much ice in the water.

This year, we were on the Rudy and we got really close.  It may have been because the Ruby is smaller than the Royal class ships.  I am attaching a photo from this year.

I am not sure whether they had the small boat tour.  We have been on it before and think it is good.  It is a little expensive though.

20240629_103749.jpg

• Like 1

I’m on the September 2nd cruise from San Francisco. If you have the time can you post a clear photo of the officers board?  I’m using the information for letters to all of the officers. 

Anything we should know about your cruise or the ship?

Thank you very much. 

Tom😀👍

Posted (edited)

I posted that in the senior officers thread. However, officers change constantly. The captain changed at the end of our cruise. More could well change in the next month. So what I posted is already out of date.

Edited by lstone19
  • Like 1