How Far Out for Private Tours

klfrodo

We sail August 2025 from Trieste to Barcelona We are staying pre-crise in Venice, spending a couple of extra days in Barcelona, then flying to Rome for a few more days.

Since 2025 is a Jubilee Year for those of the Catholic faith, I can only image how busy Rome is going to be. In fact, we've already secured our hotel reservations for Rome and Venice. Trieste and Barcelona hotel reservations haven't opened yet for the properties we're looking at.

My question is about tours in Venice, Barcelona, & Rome. Should I be securing these tours now? or can we wait about 6 months?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, klfrodo said:

My question is about tours in Venice,

Venice is an incredibly easy and compact  city to explore independently, usually on foot with the use of the occasional vaporetto for travel along the Grand Canal and out to Murano and/or Burano, with no real need for a tour and/or guide so you may not feel the need for either.

With only two days in Barcelona your sightseeing time will be limited and decisions will need to be made about which sights of interest to you personally should be prioritised.  Taxis and public transport in Barcelona are very good and lots of people use these,  and some historic areas are pedestrian only so no point using HOHOS or any other transport  there, although with two routes the HOHOS  can be an excellent way to get an overview of the city. And should you want to visit la Sagrada Familia, remember to pre-book a timed entry slot.  Should you decide to visit one of the towers, include that option at the same time.   You can also book entry with or without a guided tour. This visit alone would use several hours of your available time if you include time admiring the exterior in adition to visiting the interior..

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1