Upgrades available after deposit

Hi. I booked my first NCL cruise and placed a deposit. Of course, now I see other places that offer more things like more specialty meals and better shore excursion money, paid gratuities. Any chance of negotiation if I call NCL?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carribbound said:

Hi. I booked my first NCL cruise and placed a deposit. Of course, now I see other places that offer more things like more specialty meals and better shore excursion money, paid gratuities. Any chance of negotiation if I call NCL?

Sounds like you're talking about perks offered by travel agencies, and no...NCL will not match them.

Assuming you booked directly with NCL within certain time restrictions you can transfer a booking you made with NCL to a travel agency. Talk to a travel agent you're interested in booking with, get a firm quote including the perks they're offering and they can guide you through the process of transferring the booking from NCL to their travel agency.

36 minutes ago, carribbound said:

Why call and negotiate? If you are past final payment cancel the booking, get your refund and do another booking with what you want

16 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Why call and negotiate? If you are past final payment cancel the booking, get your refund and do another booking with what you want

I have only placed a deposit at this point. I don’t usually cruise with NCL. The perks are new to me. 

48 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Sounds like you're talking about perks offered by travel agencies, and no...NCL will not match them.

Assuming you booked directly with NCL within certain time restrictions you can transfer a booking you made with NCL to a travel agency. Talk to a travel agent you're interested in booking with, get a firm quote including the perks they're offering and they can guide you through the process of transferring the booking from NCL to their travel agency.

Yes, perks. I wasn’t sure what my options were. Thank you 😊 

6 minutes ago, carribbound said:

I have only put down a deposit. New to this idea. Thanks 

Yes.  But I believe that the other poster meant to say "before" final payment.  After final payment you won't get your deposit (or increasing portions of the final payment) back.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes.  But I believe that the other poster meant to say "before" final payment.  After final payment you won't get your deposit (or increasing portions of the final payment) back.

Ahhh- thanks for clarifying

• Like 1

@carribbound

1) Get, in writing, what someone outside is offering,

2) If you think it is better than what you already have from NCL, check with NCL that if you cancel you get back your deposit.

3) If you do, cancel with NCL, take your deposit.

4) Book through the outsider using what you have in writing.

Well I think I have also seen these ads, these are large TAs who buy blocks of cabins in all categories, take a huge discount from NCL and then offer to pay things like the Daily Service Charge, or offer Onboard Credit. Usually, they do not accept existing reservations, you need to buy one of their rooms. Be careful as some of these agents will not allow changes and some will not refund deposits if you cancel/ So read the fine print and make your choice according.

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You are correct

final payment is due 120 prior to sailing, any time before that, you can cancel or change your reservation with no penalty (other than europe) and get  the full deposit back. 

if there is a better offer on the table, you can rebook (as many times as you wish) as long s it's before the 120 mark. 

this post was with t he assumption you arent working with a travel agent

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

final payment is due 120 prior to sailing, any time before that, you can cancel or change your reservation with no penalty (other than europe) and get  the full deposit back. 

if there is a better offer on the table, you can rebook (as many times as you wish) as long s it's before the 120 mark. 

this post was with t he assumption you arent working with a travel agent

This can be done, even with booking with a TA (assuming it’s not some special deal *they* are running). 

I’m cruising in October, booked last September through a TA at fares offered on NCL. I repriced/changed categories at least 4 times before final payment and even just moved to Haven last week (after final payment) after seeing a price drop there. TA handled all the calls. 🙂