Value Trips During Spring Break?

pc2425

We have a cruise booked for March 2025. We have started looking for a hotel pre-cruise.  I have never used value trips but I was wondering if anyone knows if they have discounts during spring break time?

10 hours ago, pc2425 said:

We have a cruise booked for March 2025. We have started looking for a hotel pre-cruise.  I have never used value trips but I was wondering if anyone knows if they have discounts during spring break time?

Discounts don't really apply to VT, their prices are so ridiculously low that they are pretty much ALWAYS discounted. The concern would be whether Spring Break is one of their very many blackout periods and whether you could even book them. Unfortunately, as you probably know, their rates for 2025 aren't out yet and may not be released for a few more months. Still, well worth using if you want to save $$$s, they and the Hyatt Place are very well regarded here on CC.

Posted (edited)

I guess i used the wrong word with discount. I meant would they even have prices at all for spring break time. Thanks

Edited by pc2425

4 minutes ago, pc2425 said:

I guess i used the wrong word with discount. I meant would they even have prices at all for spring break time. Thanks

Given Spring Break is one of the busiest times of the year, would you blame them if they didn't offer anything, and it was one of their blackout times?

According to the VT site, for THIS year, 2024, they have the entire first three months of the year blacked out and only offered their pricing from April onwards. I would imagine that spring break 2025 will also fall into that time frame and will also be blacked out as well. AFAIK VT should be issuing their 2025 pricing in a few months, possibly December. 

This only goes back to April 1st. showing rates of 239 & 289 which is reasonable for Florida this time of year. May 1st is when the rates on the weekend really drop through summer. Next year does not usually get posted until around November.

11 hours ago, lx200gps said:

According to the VT site, for THIS year, 2024, they have the entire first three months of the year blacked out and only offered their pricing from April onwards. I would imagine that spring break 2025 will also fall into that time frame and will also be blacked out as well. AFAIK VT should be issuing their 2025 pricing in a few months, possibly December. 

We had no problem booking the end of 2023 with VT when their schedule was posted for 2024 and all months were available (some black out dates did apply). We stayed in Feb, March and May of 2024. So you never know and best to check when their schedule is released.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ashland said:

We had no problem booking the end of 2023 with VT when their schedule was posted for 2024 and all months were available (some black out dates did apply). We stayed in Feb, March and May of 2024. So you never know and best to check when their schedule is released.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I guess they amend their website. As it is shown today, the the available 2024 dates only started at April 1.

Edited by lx200gps

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. I guess they amend their website. As it is shown today, the the available 2024 dates only started at April 1.

Yes...they do amend it going forward. Glad I could help clarify this and remind everyone to check their website when their schedule opens. I start checking it beginning in October but each yearly schedule seems to be happening later and later end of prior year.

I suggest booking a refundable room elsewhere now and hoping for the best with valuetrips. once they have 2025 open for booking see if you can book. If so cancel original room if not at least you already have something booked.

• Like 1