New to Celebrity

1 hour ago, doghog said:

What tier level are you with RC? 

Were diamond, but really hasnt been benefitting us much because we have been booking full suites on celebrity and get most of what is offered under that level anyway.  Addicted to the additional room on both lines.

15 hours ago, 20165 said:

We were mainly RCL and NCL prior to being empty nesters so now we are looking for a more adult oriented line and both princess and celebrity fit that bill and are very close price wise, we just want to start getting some loyalty with one or the other

Agree there.  Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise (the Connie).  Have another two booked now as well.  

Though our transfer to a more adult oriented line...is now Viking.  Have 5 more longer cruises booked with them.  No children under 18, and much more laid back.  They term their cruises as 

"what we don't offer".  😉 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 10:31 AM, 20165 said:

My wife and i have been bouncing between princess and celebrity for the last two years trying to decide which is our favorite.  We have a celebrity cruise booked in november but are probably leaning toward princess going forward unless the november knocks our socks off.  The medallion on princess is a real game changer, at least for us.  Food and drink delivered wherever you are,  knowing exactly who you are when you just in proximity of the dining room lines.  Really cool tech.  

We were mainly RCL and NCL prior to being empty nesters so now we are looking for a more adult oriented line and both princess and celebrity fit that bill and are very close price wise, we just want to start getting some loyalty with one or the other

We have 60 cruises with Princess and a few with other lines. We feel at a loss now since it's it has been about 20 years since we cruised on any line but Princess. Looking at an itinerary on Celebrity that Princess does not have trying to get as much information as possible about the line.

8 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

We have 60 cruises with Princess and a few with other lines. We feel at a loss now since it's it has been about 20 years since we cruised on any line but Princess. Looking at an itinerary on Celebrity that Princess does not have trying to get as much information as possible about the line.

Same with us...branching out to other lines after exclusively sailing with Royal for 20 years.  🙂 

9 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

We have about 55 cruises on Princess (some very short coastals) and about 20 so far on Celebrity.  I think they're more similar than different, ie they both live in the same tier.  A few odds and ends.  Specialty dining is a lot more expensive on Celebrity.  The steakhouse on Edge class is not as good as Crown Grill, but some of the other restaurants are good.

Celebrity has sommeliers, even in main dining.  Most buffets are, in my opinion, better than on the older Princess ships (Royal class ships are decent).  Cafe al Baccio is nicer than International Cafe, but it's food choices are just pastries.  

I usually have cruises booked on both.  

• 3 weeks later...

We’re in the same boat so to speak. Have mostly sailed Princess and are elite.  Sailed Royal Caribbean way back in 1978 (no balconies then) and once on Hal.  Looking to maybe try something different and was watching an episode of Mighty Cruise Ships on the Smithsonian channel featuring the Edge.  I was intrigued.

Ive been on the Celebrity website and find it just as hard as the Princess site to find anything. We always purchase standard fare since we don’t drink alcohol or coffee.  DH likes a glass of wine once in awhile but can do without.  We do like WI-FI and we get it for half price on Princess since we’re Elite. For the life of me I can’t find an ala carte price for WI-FI for Celebrity.

3 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

We’re in the same boat so to speak. Have mostly sailed Princess and are elite.  Sailed Royal Caribbean way back in 1978 (no balconies then) and once on Hal.  Looking to maybe try something different and was watching an episode of Mighty Cruise Ships on the Smithsonian channel featuring the Edge.  I was intrigued.

Ive been on the Celebrity website and find it just as hard as the Princess site to find anything. We always purchase standard fare since we don’t drink alcohol or coffee.  DH likes a glass of wine once in awhile but can do without.  We do like WI-FI and we get it for half price on Princess since we’re Elite. For the life of me I can’t find an ala carte price for WI-FI for Celebrity.

Since the price is cruise depended you have book a cruise to see the pricing for WIFI packages 

here is wifi pricing for our November Equinox TA

IMG_7598.thumb.jpeg.471c097545de76e9392fcf0b5f2eb09e.jpeg