Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

On 8/9/2024 at 11:16 AM, Saint Greg said:

Last year I didn't eat dinner in the dining room much because I had the three specialty dinners and I ate ashore a couple times. This year I have just one specialty dinner since I didn't do the upgrade. I'm probably going to do that French restaurant since I did Cagney's all three times last year. I believe the Asian restaurant is free. Doesn't count as a specialty.

So for the experienced people if you have any recommendations for MDR items, the French place, the Asian place, nights not to miss in the MDR, etc...feel free to post them. 

Le Bistro is our favorite. Did it 3 times on our last cruise. I’ve tried both the lamb and filet for the main course. Both are fantastic. I asked for mint jelly to accompany the lamb. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 11:14 AM, www3traveler said:

It is $50 per port, use it or lose it.  Can not be combined or converted into OBC.

No, it is $50 per excursion. If you can fit in two excursions, you get $50 off for each excursion.

Can someone delete this as it is a duplicate rseponse. Thanks

Edited by GALSews
updating
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I'm here for the fun - have a safe flight Greg! We haven't been on NCL yet but are looking at possibly doing a TA with a friend who loves them. It will be nice to follow your live review since it's only your second time on NCL. I'll have to check out your live from last year as well..

I watched the Jade come into port this morning just a little after 6:00 am - have a great cruise!

I absolutely intend to thanks! Boarded at just after 11, had lunch and drinks by 11:30.

• Like 5

On 8/8/2024 at 1:19 PM, Saint Greg said:

For those who don’t know a couple of my Neets Bay Bear videos from last year got millions of views. And I went from 850 subscribers to 85,000 subscribers. 

It got me enough subscribers and view time to monetize YouTube and now I get a monthly deposit from them. It’s not huge money but it did pay me back for my entire trip last year.

So if you have some amazing videos I recommend uploading them to YouTube. The 1 minute shorts seem to reach the most people. Maybe you’ll get lucky like I did.

IMG_2250.thumb.jpeg.84de02aa2ca32036734d47c781579cf1.jpeg

I'm here to cheer  for the Bear Videos

Sic'em Bears!!!

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

I wish I heard what started it but there was a brouhaha at the bag drop line. The guy in the white shirt was yelling at the counter agent in the white shirt. “There’s no need to be rude!” Over and over. Then he was asking who his supervisor was.

IMG_2282.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

I added extra things in the suitcase this trip. I came in right at 40lbs. That would’ve been the limit on spirit but here it’s 50.

The kiosk asked if I’d be willing to accept an offer to give up my seat and what amount it would take. The options were 600, 900, 1145. I was looking at that 1145 for a second but I resisted. I mean this is a time I could do that. I don’t have any firm major plans until Monday.

• Like 13

I can’t stand it when people don’t use headphones and think it’s fine to subject everyone in a public area to their whatever they’re watching/listening to other phone.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Prometheus1 said:

Enjoy your cruise, haven't been on NCL yet but eyeballing NCL from Jax in 2026

We've been on NCL many times - also looking at JAX in 2026 😁

• Like 5

If there’s a downside I guess it’s that I don’t have a usb like the other seats do. I wasn’t expecting one anyway. I have a mini iPad and a couple of portable chargers so I’m going to be fine.

IMG_2315.thumb.jpeg.23327db8125643188b460189f36758b8.jpeg

• Like 18

Just saw the link....following along.

Safe travels. 🍻🍸🛫

Count me in as a NCL fan too....been on many of their cruises (Sapphire).

Also, agree on the no for the Lobster Thermadoire in Le Bistro.😎

• Like 2