Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

On 8/17/2024 at 10:13 AM, Saint Greg said:

And now that I think about it they had weird rules with the shows last year.

The first show they closed down entry to the lower level. I don’t remember if it was at show start or a few minutes before. But if you weren’t in your seat you had to go to the upper deck.

A bunch of us were running around trying to find a place. We ran into CD in the stairwell. She said there was plenty of seating upstairs. There was none. But there were tons of open seats down stairs. I had to return to the later show that night.

At least for the last show she made an announcement about that policy. So far I’ve heard her mention that show a few times and she hasn’t said anything about it.

Anyway standing guard at the velvet show last year.

i tried to take a picture of all the empty seats and she put her hand in front of me blocking it.

IMG_5318.thumb.jpeg.1aa060e687e8e930e39bf7e201137fe6.jpeg.

So they told everyone to go upstairs and it was a lot.

upstairs full. Downstairs not full

IMG_5319.jpeg

IMG_5320.jpeg

I'm late catching up here after the weekend, but just my two cents - this happened on the Pearl this summer as well. In Spinnaker, they had two members of the entertainment staff flanking either side of the stage back between the bar and main seating area essentially tasked with running around and making people put phones away/not take pictures. This was almost every show, and it wasn't a problem with flash/etc.... between that and the folks standing guard at the pool barking at people to not go near the water with a drink in a plastic cup, it was a strange experience. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I'm late catching up here after the weekend, but just my two cents - this happened on the Pearl this summer as well. In Spinnaker, they had two members of the entertainment staff flanking either side of the stage back between the bar and main seating area essentially tasked with running around and making people put phones away/not take pictures. This was almost every show, and it wasn't a problem with flash/etc.... between that and the folks standing guard at the pool barking at people to not go near the water with a drink in a plastic cup, it was a strange experience. 

Yeah they definitely have people standing guard on the aisles. And I always have a boarding video right? Didn't post one this time. The most boring one I have was Jewel last year because you board in an elevator lobby. This year it's just as boring but they tell me I'm not allowed to take a video while boarding. And I noticed the guy standing there with a very unwelcoming look on his face is one of the guys who stands guard at the shows. I had some run ins with him and it all started when I stepped on the ship with my camera running. 

• Like 7

Any of the weird interactions taint your view on NCL? I know you mentioned you have more cruises with them scheduled already, does it make you want to not book more? Or is it just something to be annoyed by, eye roll, and move on?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

Any of the weird interactions taint your view on NCL? I know you mentioned you have more cruises with them scheduled already, does it make you want to not book more? Or is it just something to be annoyed by, eye roll, and move on?

I planned on buying the max number of cruise next certificates and I ended up not buying any. I'm taking a wait and see approach before committing anything else. I still have two of the $500 cruise first certificates on my account.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 10