Better than Best Price Guarantee promotion

Posted (edited)

We were just doing our daily check of our upcoming 18-day cruise from Buenos Aires back to Ft Lauderdale in January, where our M1 Reserve Collection mini suite category continues to periodically drop in price, and saw this NEW promotion a few minutes ago.

IMG_1431.thumb.jpeg.6eec35ded67ecd4e40c6155a377a922e.jpeg

More specifically:

IMG_1432.jpeg.9f33261ac4eb8435a5e69125fe8e6274.jpeg

Here’s the link associated with the highlighted “identical cruise fare” which provides all the details.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/best-price-guarantee

In our case we have refared this booking 3 times so far, with the latest being on Aug 5th. Each time our booking date changed to the date when the booking was refared. And guess what? It dropped again today. 😁

We have subsequently filled out the provided Princess form and now wait to see if we will get the 120% difference in OBC. 🤞

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks.  But this is the first time I’ve actually seen it show up on our Brazil booking, which of course caught our attention. 😁

It just showed up on my bookings too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

I booked on June 28, and my cruise is currently $300 cheaper.  Will Princess match the current price?  And if so, will I lose the EZ Air that I booked?

TIA

Since the date on your booking is before July 1st, this promotion wouldn't apply. However, you should be able to refare your booking without losing your EzAir reservation. However, I would make sure the Princess/TA person you contact understands your concerns and see what they say.

1 hour ago, linaka625 said:

I booked on June 28, and my cruise is currently $300 cheaper.  Will Princess match the current price?  And if so, will I lose the EZ Air that I booked?

TIA

That depends on if they cancel and rebook or merely adjust your current booking. Is the air still the same price? If it is the same price then rebooking won't cause you to loose the air fare you're paying, just rebook that too. Your savings will be $360 total based on a $300 fare reduction which is $300 plus 20% of that $300 = $60. 

Please report back on how successful you are and the exigency to which your request to avail of the Best Price Guarantee is given.  My gripe about this is when does the department that handles this get to the claims?  If they drag their feet, the prices could have changed by the time they get to your claim and verify pricing.  Having read through the claim form, it seems like sending screenshots helps.  Anyone know if you can submit multiple claims if there are multiple price reductions prior to final payment?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

That depends on if they cancel and rebook or merely adjust your current booking. Is the air still the same price? If it is the same price then rebooking won't cause you to loose the air fare you're paying, just rebook that too. Your savings will be $360 total based on a $300 fare reduction which is $300 plus 20% of that $300 = $60. 

No, my flights are no longer available on EZ Air and that why I’m hesitant. 

2 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

No, my flights are no longer available on EZ Air and that why I’m hesitant. 

The worst thing that can happen is that you are told that the lower fare is for new bookings only and you have to cancel and rebook to avail of the lower fare.  If that's the case, you can walk away and decline.  If working with a CVP, there's a away they can refare without having to cancel the entire booking and staring a new one.  On an upcoming TA, my CVP was able to refare and allowed us to keep the OBC offered with our original fare (which was no longer offered on the new lower fare), our pre-booked shore excursions (which we used said OBC to pay for), and EZAir flights.  Our booking number remained the same.