Air2Sea Website and Travel Agent Cruise Bookings

I've only used Air2Sea once and it was. back in 2018, so it's been a while.  I have a Mediterranean cruise booked for next May and it's booked with a travel agent.  She said all her clients are able to book online and with Air2Sea directly.  I tried looking at options today after booking, but it states it can't be serviced online.  Are we able to book Air2Sea on a travel agent cruise reservation?  

I had one more question.  I know they removed one way flights from the website, which is frustrating.  But since the cruise is a one-way, does it help if I book separately and book one way to Rome and then one way from Athens through Air2Sea?

20 minutes ago, ReRe71 said:

I booked my upcoming Mediterranean cruise through my TA and was able to book my flights online with A2S.

That's good to know. Maybe their website is just down.  I tried to check prices and change the dates without the reservation included, but it said the site was down.  

Have you had any experience with repricing the flights before final payment?

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

That's good to know. Maybe their website is just down.  I tried to check prices and change the dates without the reservation included, but it said the site was down.  

You can also call them, they have always been eager to help me with different choices.  Yes, you can reprice or change the flights before final payment.  We also use a travel agent, but have never had an issue with adding a Air2Sea flight.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I just went and tried an AIr2Sea search and it worked fine.

I'm not sure.  I put in all my reservation number and cruise details, and it gave me the error of having to call the party that created my booking.  Then I went into the generic search and changed the dates to a few days before and after and got the sorry! our services are down error screenshot.  Not sure...

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 8.47.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 8.46.43 PM.png

It might just be too far out to book your flights for next may using Air2Sea. If you want to book this early, I'd suggest having your TA help you find the flights you're looking for or use google flights to figure out what would work best for you.

6 hours ago, notscb said:

It might just be too far out to book your flights for next may using Air2Sea. If you want to book this early, I'd suggest having your TA help you find the flights you're looking for or use google flights to figure out what would work best for you.

Their cruise is next May, well under the 330 day window for booking flights

My flights for next may were available in june from rome. Not too early. Though the price was crazy high.

I called and could book....  it'd just be nice to be able to look online on my own without having to call all the time.  I can get to the non-reservation page and see flights, but then when I change the dates (because no one in their right mind would take an international flight and arrive the day of the cruise), it shows me the second screenshot....  so it's like I'm not allowed to change the dates and see online pricing.  It's just weird

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

I called and could book....  it'd just be nice to be able to look online on my own without having to call all the time.  I can get to the non-reservation page and see flights, but then when I change the dates (because no one in their right mind would take an international flight and arrive the day of the cruise), it shows me the second screenshot....  so it's like I'm not allowed to change the dates and see online pricing.  It's just weird

That's where the issue is.  You can only use day of flights on the website.  For deviations you need to call

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's where the issue is.  You can only use day of flights on the website.  For deviations you need to call

Got it.  I'm not sure why it allows you to change the dates then.... would think those should be locked if that's the case.  Royal IT 🙂 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The website lets you change the dates, but only after you enter your initial info and get results for day of flights. Which presents a problem if there are no viable day of flights from your location. The workaround is to pick a different airport to start with, then change to your airport when you change the dates.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The website lets you change the dates, but only after you enter your initial info and get results for day of flights. Which presents a problem if there are no viable day of flights from your location. The workaround is to pick a different airport to start with, then change to your airport when you change the dates.

Thanks, did not know of the workaround.

23 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I booked the same dates I tried online over the phone, so they exist.  There must be some issue with the website then?  I'm not sure.  I tried again this morning and received the same error.

29 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

I booked the same dates I tried online over the phone, so they exist.  There must be some issue with the website then?  I'm not sure.  I tried again this morning and received the same error.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Are some booking sources not eligible for Air2Sea, similar to Cosco and Royal Up?

Don't think so but A2S has always been a little squirrely. Anyone can browse options without entering their booking number.

image.thumb.png.354f30dad43c4a49e1ed159048cad7c1.png

There are valid flight options that just don't appear in A2S unless you manipulate the system with very narrow parameters.  Sometimes you need to search in a specific order and then manipulate the fiters to have it offer a flight you know exists.

They seem to prefer certain origin gateway cities.  Smaller airports that are valid airports can have limited or no options in A2S even though you could book a legacy carrier on the carriers website directly.

Worst case call them.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

There are valid flight options that just don't appear in A2S unless you manipulate the system with very narrow parameters.  Sometimes you need to search in a specific order and then manipulate the fiters to have it offer a flight you know exists.

Reminds me of booking business travel through Concur.

• Haha 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Exactly.  I used to use to multi-city and enter round trip city pairs at specific limited times to limit the results in Concur and get around the inherent restrictions built into Concur.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Hahaha 100%! I still deal with that. Thankfully I can have our admin do it now. It’s a pain!!! 

On 8/9/2024 at 2:19 PM, ulcards99 said:

Yes our outbound changed by 5 minutes.

We are flying in 3 days before the cruise and had no problems booking our flights.