Dyson Hair Dryer

If you try to plug it into the plug in the bathroom it most likely won't work because that is meant for low voltage items like shavers.  A plug outside of the bathroom should work.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, courtneymd9 said:

Has anyone used a Dyson Airwrap on NCL? I’m sailing on the Prima next week and want to know if I should pack it. It didn’t work on the Wonder of the Seas.

I have a regular Dyson (not an air wrap). Does the air wrap need more power? I bring my Dyson all the time, no problem. Worked on Oasis, Symphony, and Getaway within the past year. I use it in the make up area, not the bathroom. 

I hate regular hair dryers now and always pack it. IYKYK 😀

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlexandNessa said:

I hate regular hair dryers now and always pack it. IYKYK 😀

A hair dryer dries your hair. There is nothing more to know. 

3 hours ago, IAcruising said:

I’m certainly no hair dryer expert but based on what I saw on line, this thing is no ordinary hair dryer. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2024 at 4:08 PM, hernando52 said:

If you try to plug it into the plug in the bathroom it most likely won't work because that is meant for low voltage items like shavers.  A plug outside of the bathroom should work.

I was using the plug at the desk.

5 hours ago, IAcruising said:

The Dyson Airwrap changed my hair. My thick wavy hair is smooth and straight in 15 minutes with it. Best hair of my life.

• Like 2

Dyson products in particular, but lots of newer hair care appliances that have electronics in them have been reported to work or not work on many ships across many lines.  They can work fine one day, and then not work the next day on the same ship, or work fine on one ship for an entire cruise, then not work the next time you cruise on the same ship, or work on one ship and not on another.  The problem is with the grounding, and whether the ship has a ground fault on some equipment, anywhere on the ship, at the time you use your dryer, as to whether it will work or not.  The ship supplied dryers are older, cheaper models that don't rely on electronics.

21 hours ago, zqvol said:

I’m certainly no hair dryer expert but based on what I saw on line, this thing is no ordinary hair dryer. 

Heh. Me neither, obviously.

19 hours ago, courtneymd9 said:

The Dyson Airwrap changed my hair. My thick wavy hair is smooth and straight in 15 minutes with it. Best hair of my life.

I guess you can call me old. I'll take thick and wavy any day of the week. 😄

BTW - I used the outlet at the desk for my 1875 watt hairdryer.  (It was too powerful and cut off the power to everything connected to that outlet.)  The hairdryer they provide you with is less than 1875 watts.