Royal room / bar set up

chrismo

Hello,

We splurged and will be in our first Royal Suite (M-class) at end of the month.  So excited!

A few questions below that i am hoping some folks on the board can answer as i prepare:

• I would a yoga mat and thinking of asking for some of the other items on the Aqua suite list.  is this allowed and if so,  anyone successful in receiving items like this when asked?   
  • We would prefer wine then bottles of liquor in the bar set up.   Will they adjust?  if so will it be 1:! or could we push for 2 wine :1 liquor?
    • Where would i find the list of wines to select from?
  • is there a coffee maker in the room?  if so can we ask to have milk in the car fridge for the coffee?  

Thank you 

You can sub wine for liquor. Your butler will swap it out for you. Not sure of the wines to select from. 

I have never asked for items offered in aqua class but my experience has been if they have the requested item, they will make every effort to get it to you. For example, in the past I have asked for and received a fan for the bedroom and an espresso machine for the bar. Most recently I had trouble finding the right pillow. By the end of the cruise I had a stack on the bed 5 pillows high!  

IMG_7384.jpeg

• Like 2

You should have no problem trading liquor for wine , if trading for something like decoy you should ask for two bottles if a higher end wine maybe even. I traded the champagne for two bottles of decoy Cabernet.

1 hour ago, chrismo said:

Hello,

We splurged and will be in our first Royal Suite (M-class) at end of the month.  So excited!

A few questions below that i am hoping some folks on the board can answer as i prepare:

• I would a yoga mat and thinking of asking for some of the other items on the Aqua suite list.  is this allowed and if so,  anyone successful in receiving items like this when asked?   
  • We would prefer wine then bottles of liquor in the bar set up.   Will they adjust?  if so will it be 1:! or could we push for 2 wine :1 liquor?
  • is there a coffee maker in the room?  if so can we ask to have milk in the car fridge for the coffee?  

Thank you 

For the most reliable answers to these questions, you should direct them to your Retreat Shoreside Concierge.  If you haven't been contacted by Shoreside thus far, you can call them at: 877-738-7328.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

Wine sub is 1 for 1. I have also had empty bottles replaced. Look at the premium beverage package wines as a starting point. They will do their best to get whatever you ask for.

On our 15nt 2021 X cruise, we were able to negotiate with the shoreside concierge a swap for 2X of the Michele Chiarlo Barolo.  We also had  the empties magically reappear as full bottles without asking.  Great butler on that cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrismo said:

Thank you 

See above re swapping the 2X 1L bottles of booze for wine.  Yes.  Feel free to negotiate for something you'll really like.  The highest price on one of the booze options was a $40 retail bottle of tequila, so use that as your starting point 😉

The "coffee maker" is actually a Lavazza Blue espresso maker that uses their "capsules" ... similar to one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Lavazza-Classy-Single-Espresso-Machine/dp/B07RVDJW56/

Be prepared to dilute unless that's what you prefer in the morning.  You can also bring capsules of your own flavor preference, but be sure they're compatible.

No problem getting milk for your fridge.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

See above re swapping the 2X 1L bottles of booze for wine.  Yes.  Feel free to negotiate for something you'll really like.  The highest price on one of the booze options was a $40 retail bottle of tequila, so use that as your starting point 😉

The "coffee maker" is actually a Lavazza Blue espresso maker that uses their "capsules" ... similar to one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Lavazza-Classy-Single-Espresso-Machine/dp/B07RVDJW56/

Be prepared to dilute unless that's what you prefer in the morning.  You can also bring capsules of your own flavor preference, but be sure they're compatible.

No problem getting milk for your fridge.

We got a liter of Hennessy cognac wasn’t on list but I asked concierge and got it , I believe that normally sells for above 40. We bring home one or two bottles sometimes since we prefer drinking in bar with live music.

46 minutes ago, George C said:

We got a liter of Hennessy cognac wasn’t on list but I asked concierge and got it , I believe that normally sells for above 40. We bring home one or two bottles sometimes since we prefer drinking in bar with live music.

We were in Silhouettes PH in Feb and requested Basil Hayden bourbon if possible for my husband. They not only had a bottle in our suite, but also had one in the Retreat Lounge tucked away for him. They really go above and beyond for you in the Upper tier suites. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chrismo said:

Hello,

Thank you 

I'm sure your butler would be able to get a Yoga Mat.

You can either have your butler swap your Bubbly for wine or have it sent to Luminae and they will give you a trade in value for it against a bottle of your choice.

There really isn't a wine list in the suites.  

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There really isn't a wine list in the suites. 

Ah, good point, and I wasn't clear about negotiating with the shoreside concierge about the wine swap out.

I used the app to peruse what was showing up in the by-the-bottle Wine section of the restaurant for the current cruise for the ship, and made my preferred swap suggestions from that.

• Like 1

Here's the pitch I made to the shoreside concierge on 2021 - trading 4 for 2 on a B2B:  Got the better of the two Michele Chiarlo Barolo wines they had aboard.  Turned out the trade was really 4 for 'infinity' since, as I say, the empties kept reappearing filled.

Made a similar request for 2022 (not B2B, so trading 2 for 1), got the Barolo again.  We'll see what we can do this year!

We would not be interested in liquor for our cabin for either leg of the B2B.  Instead, we would like to ‘trade in’ the two bottles of liquor for one nice bottle of wine on each leg of this B2B.  I’m going to make some assumptions here, so bear with me.  Many of your liquor selections, in particular your better tequila and scotch offerings, run to about $40~$45 at retail.  Trading in a pair of those would net about $80~$90 retail. 

Working from that figure, we would like to trade both bottles of liquor for both cruises for a single bottle of wine for each cruise.  In keeping with the $80~$90 retail, and understanding that Celebrity runs about a 2.5X retail price on their bottle wine offerings, might I request any two from the following list:  #1030 (Michele Chiarlo Barolo), #781 (Goldeneye Pinot Noir), #944 (Freemark Abbey Cabernet), and most especially, a wine Celebrity first introduced to me many years ago (with a very silly name but a great wine!) #781 (Pharaoh Moans Syrah). 

• Like 1