New to Cunard-Questions

atexsix

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm sailing on my very first Cunard cruise in a year (Queen Elizabeth to Alaska), my background is all Holland America and 1 Princess.  As many of you know HAL has decided to take a different path and so I'm moving on for greener pastures.  Below are my top questions:

1. Average price of a spa pass on a 7 day?

2. I'm sailing solo, Cunard was one of the few welcoming lines these days; but due to the recent bumping threads I've seen, am I vulnerable to this?

3. I'm really interested in the daily teas, the one and only I attended on HAL (Dutch tea) was too quiet, there was no music, not even piped in, needless to say it turned me off from teas ever since, but I want to give it another try on a ship that obviously knows teas.  What is the overall atmosphere like?

4. When was the last refurbishment for the QE?  

5. Is there laundry service and how quickly is the turn around?  

Thanks so much!  You'll probably be seeing me a lot. 

Edited by atexsix

15 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Hello, I'm sailing on my very first Cunard cruise in a year (Queen Elizabeth to Alaska), my background is all Holland America and 1 Princess.  As many of you know HAL has decided to take a different path and so I'm moving on for greener pastures.  Below are my top questions:

2. I'm sailing solo, Cunard was one of the few welcoming lines these days; but due to the recent bumping threads I've seen, am I vulnerable to this?

3. I'm really interested in the daily teas, the one and only I attended on HAL (Dutch tea) was too quiet, there was no music, not even piped in, needless to say it turned me off from teas ever since, but I want to give it another try on a ship that obviously knows teas.  What is the overall atmosphere like?

Can only answer 5 - here is a link to assist 

https://paulandcarolelovetotravel.com/cunard-laundry-prices/

• Thanks 1

2. I don’t think bumping is likely to be an issue.

3. Tea in the Queens Room usually has some form of music, a string trio perhaps?

5. There is an excellent, good value, laundry service. Standard service takes two days. If you pay a 50% premium, it comes back the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Don’t forget the book onboard facility where additional OBC is available, in addition to the Cunard Fare (aka free money).  Also consider purchasing 100 Carnival Shares for the shareholder benefit (more free money).

Link - https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Also, there are no limits to the amount of beer, wine, spirits and liquor carried onboard on embarkation, or at any port during the duration of one’s Voyage.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, atexsix said:

#3 Afternoon Tea gets busy and certainly a popular activity. There is music and a good atmosphere. Get there 15 minutes early, especially in the beginning of the cruise. 

#4 Per online sources Mar 2023 but a bigger dry dock was in 2018’ish. Anyway, I was on QE in June and she looked great. 
#5 FYI - There is also free self-service launderettes on each passenger deck. Even the detergent is complementary. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

2. I don’t think bumping is likely to be an issue.

3. Tea in the Queens Room usually has some form of music, a string trio perhaps?

5. There is an excellent, good value, laundry service. Standard service takes two days. If you pay a 50% premium, it comes back the next day.

Comes back the same day if handed to room steward by around 9am.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing in 1 month on M430 (NYC-QC) in Q5. My question relates to the Afternoon Tea. Do they serve the same food/tea in the Grills and the Queens Room? 

thank you in advance! 

43 minutes ago, Meliador said:

We are sailing in 1 month on M430 (NYC-QC) in Q5. My question relates to the Afternoon Tea. Do they serve the same food/tea in the Grills and the Queens Room? 

thank you in advance! 

Yes they do, along with Kings Court (and other things too) and room service, which is free of charge. I would do Queens Room at least once to know what it's about, but otherwise you probably would be best off going to the Grills lounge. Alternatively, go to Carinthia, where they serve the scones and cake components and you can more easily get coffee there rather than tea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1