Black Friday Sales?

asnaleah

We are newbies to Oceania, and wondering if Black Friday sales are offered? I had Celebrity excursions repriced last year and saved a lot. Also, the drink and WiFi packages were on sale. Hoping Oceania does this. If any of you experienced O passengers can advise me, I would appreciate it! We do not have Simply More as we booked before that program started.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

We are newbies to Oceania, and wondering if Black Friday sales are offered? I had Celebrity excursions repriced last year and saved a lot. Also, the drink and WiFi packages were on sale. Hoping Oceania does this. If any of you experienced O passengers can advise me, I would appreciate it! We do not have Simply More as we booked before that program started.

There are sales throughout the year but typically the best deals are on underselling cruises during the upgrade sales (1 to 4 categories) that have been in the fall, beginning of year, and spring. A small percentage of itineraries are included in each sale, so you can't be too picky. There was a Black Friday sale last year if I recall, but it was not impressive.

I have never seen a sale on any packages. The basic drink package and 2 Wifi logins are included in everyone's fare. The drink package upgrade is $30 per person per day (~2 paid drinks which equals 4 happy hour drinks).

Edit: Oops...just reread your post so no SM. Did you book cruise-only or choose an O-Life option? You'll still get the 2 WiFi, but the drinks will depend on if you chose the drink package as your O-Life option. Oh, and if there is a sale and you book it, you will have SM instead of O-Life/cruise-only.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 2

Thanks @AMHuntFerry. We chose the OBC for our May cruise. I know we have to purchase a beverage package or pay as we go. I was hoping the package would be “on sale” during Black Friday. We do get the WiFi because of our PH cabin. I’m still learning! 

• Like 1

I have never seen just the beverage package ever "on sale"....there have been some sales via some TA's where the cruise fare includes pre-paid gratuities and the beverage package...every cabin now includes 2 WIFI separate WIFI accounts, irregardless of when you booked your cruise.

I believe you can change your old "OLife" choice from OBC (which is exactly the $$$ you paid for OLife with a choice) to the select beverage package (which is worth more $$$ than the OBC you chose).  A much better deal if you enjoy wine, beer, champagne with your meals...

• Like 2

I'll jump in also with a Me Too, I've never seen any sales on Packages or Excursions. I also agree with Basor about the OBC on Olife. If you think you're going to get a drink package then change to the basic one and then upgrade later onboard. 

• Like 1

OK. Just a single data point here with respect to Black Friday. Last year during O's Black Friday promo our existing 10 day September '24 Marina sailing was reduced by $900/pp. We were able to refare to that price.

So, they have in the past sometimes had some very good reduced prices on BF. Whether they will this year is anybody's guess and whether it will be what you are looking for is, well...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Croooser said:

OK. Just a single data point here with respect to Black Friday. Last year during O's Black Friday promo our existing 10 day September '24 Marina sailing was reduced by $900/pp. We were able to refare to that price.

So, they have in the past sometimes had some very good reduced prices on BF. Whether they will this year is anybody's guess and whether it will be what you are looking for is, well...

You are correct, last year's BF sale had some good discounts. I was remembering 2022 when it was something like free gratuities, but they had raised the prices on a bunch of the sale cruises right before the sale, so it was a wash.