How to cancel an excursion before deadline if Oceania Concierge is not responding

Volterra24

Hello, First time Oceania cruiser here.  We are traveling with our 4 adult children (3 concierge level staterooms). I booked excursions for the group and now need to cancel a few of them. My husband booked this cruise directly with Oceania.  Our Oceania concierge was great the first two months but it has now been almost two weeks that I have called and emailed him without a response. I believe that excursions must be canceled 72 hours prior to embarkation. Our cruise departs out of Monaco on August 24 and we are traveling through Provence for 7 days prior which means I am headed out of the country in three days. I need to wrap this up asap as I do not plan on spending one minute ironing out issues on this cruise while in Provence.  Suggestions?  *I called customer service twice and they will not handle this.  They said that we have an assigned concierge and he is the only one that can access our booking. They also said that any excursion cancellations cannot be done online. They must be done directly with the concierge.  Help! 

3 minutes ago, Volterra24 said:

Hello, First time Oceania cruiser here.  We are traveling with our 4 adult children (3 concierge level staterooms). I booked excursions for the group and now need to cancel a few of them. My husband booked this cruise directly with Oceania.  Our Oceania concierge was great the first two months but it has now been almost two weeks that I have called and emailed him without a response. I believe that excursions must be canceled 72 hours prior to embarkation. Our cruise departs out of Monaco on August 24 and we are traveling through Provence for 7 days prior which means I am headed out of the country in three days. I need to wrap this up asap as I do not plan on spending one minute ironing out issues on this cruise while in Provence.  Suggestions?  *I called customer service twice and they will not handle this.  They said that we have an assigned concierge and he is the only one that can access our booking. They also said that any excursion cancellations cannot be done online. They must be done directly with the concierge.  Help! 

That's weird. Even with a TA I can talk to any customer service rep about adding/cancelling shorex. You called 855-623-2642?

Keep calling since sometimes a different rep will have a different answer; I hate confrontation, but sometimes you need to be forceful and refuse to take "no" for an answer...ask for a supervisor and explain what is happening and that you are extremely unhappy. Additionally, keep written records of emails and calls, and keep emailing so you can show your good faith attempts to cancel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Volterra24 said:

I assume you’re talking about an Oceania phone rep. I’ve never heard them referred to as a concierge(?).

That said, you are correct that you need to call Oceania to cancel pre-booked tours before the deadline.

Call O back at +1.855.623.2642 and select #2. Then select #2 (for booked through Oceania cruises) and talk to whoever you get. Tell them you need to cancel pre-purchased tours. Any phone rep can cancel your tours. If the say “no,” explain that your rep is non-responsive. If the new person gives you a hard time, ask to speak to a supervisor. Be nice! But always get the name and extension of whoever you talk with.

• Like 1

I think I know what is happening here. There are at least a couple of Travel Agencies that use an internet address that is almost identical to Oceania's actual internet address. Perhaps your husband actually booked through one of them. It doesn't make sense that if you booked directly through Oceania that they won't talk to you. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:  I called again using some of the tips noted above.  I was directed to my "concierge's" extension and this time he actually picked up--I did not have to leave a message(which I had done at least 5 prior times).  We took care of the excursion cancellation.  Thank you all for the rapid responses.  

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

This query is about self cancelling an excursion when onboard.

I forget what the normal 'cancel by' time is....I think either 36 or 48 hours prior.

What is the procedure if you have an excursion booked for the day after embarkation day ?

Can it still be canceled for a refund on embarkation day...EG: by 6pm ?

Edited by Tranquility Base

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

This query is about self cancelling an excursion when onboard.

I forget what the normal 'cancel by' time is....I think either 36 or 48 hours prior.

What is the procedure if you have an excursion booked for the day after embarkation day ?

Can it still be canceled for a refund on embarkation day...EG: by 6pm ?

Check your shorex pdf that will give a definitive answer. In the past "a la carte" shorex had a 36-hour cancellation deadline, while "package" shorex had to be cancelled before embarkation. I don't know how this works with SM...is one SM shorex a "package" or "a la carte"? If you have a 25% discount, you definitely have a "package."

Here is an excerp from my Dec 2024 cruise's shorex pdf:

image.png.44895b1b8079435d7dea89ca79be47b1.png

Edited by AMHuntFerry

Thanks @AMHuntFerry

No package involved. 

Am aware (now) of the normal onboard 36 hour limit.

My query is, can an excursion for the day immediately after embarkation day be cancelled and refunded on the embarkation day ? 

Another cruise line I use allows this up to 6pm on embarkation day.

Just wondering if Oceania allows this.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks @AMHuntFerry

No package involved. 

Am aware (now) of the normal onboard 36 hour limit.

My query is, can an excursion for the day immediately after embarkation day be cancelled and refunded on the embarkation day ? 

Another cruise line I use allows this up to 6pm on embarkation day.

Just wondering if Oceania allows this.

I don't know. Since the only written information says 36 hours, I would bet on 36 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1