What is the New (Less $$) Riedel Wine Workshop Like?

I see that the Riedel Wine Workshop is now priced at $55. I did it back in the day, when we received certificates for a set of 4 Riedel Vinum series glasses of our choice afterwards, and we just paid the postage fee of (at the time) $15. 

Clearly, this new pricing doesn’t include a set of glasses. Do they give out an order form or special offer on the glassware afterwards? Or do they just kind of leave you thinking Wow, I should look into buying some Riedel. Maybe the sommelier gives out an order code that gives him a commission if you do place an order? 

• 1 month later...

Nobody had any feedback on the lower priced Riedel experience listed above. 

Now I see that another Riedel workshop has been added to the cruise planner, and the price, at $93, is more in line with what I’ve done in the past. This experience mentions Riedel Performance stemware, something new. Here’s the description offered:

Overview

Conducted by highly trained Celebrity sommeliers, discover how the size and shape of your glass influence your perception of aroma and flavor with a RIEDEL Tasting Set. This seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. Each glass has been designed in a RIEDEL Sensory Workshop based on the grape variety's specific DNA. By comparing wines in the correct and incorrectly shaped glasses, you can learn the powerful role they play in wine enjoyment. RIEDEL Performance is the first wine glass series ever to feature bowls with a light optic impact for better aromatics. The loudspeaker for fine wine!

—————

Do you suppose that this would include a set of Riedel Performance stemware? They’re priced at $89 for 2 glasses on the Riedel website, and the sale price of this event is now $83 with the 10% savings. 

The Riedel Wine Workshop posted in my planner for a Feb 2025 cruise on Equinox is priced at $55 but now $51.99 on sale. No mention of glass ware. There is a minimal description: 

Savor four different varietals from our superb collection of wines served in beautiful stemware. This seminar is led by our master sommeliers, who will teach you how about how the right stemware changes the aromas and flavors of each wine.

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

The Riedel Wine Workshop posted in my planner for a Feb 2025 cruise on Equinox is priced at $55 but now $51.99 on sale. No mention of glass ware. There is a minimal description: 

Savor four different varietals from our superb collection of wines served in beautiful stemware. This seminar is led by our master sommeliers, who will teach you how about how the right stemware changes the aromas and flavors of each wine.

Are you also seeing the one called Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop priced at $93 (10% off now on my planner, $82.99)? I hadn’t noticed this one until today.

I suppose I could ask a sommelier on board in December if nobody has any more information before then.

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@thebutlerdidit Even at the higher price I do not believe there is any glassware included.  Prices for everything has been going up and given the price of Riedel Crystal I can't see anything being included at these low prices.

I wonder what makes one experience cost so much more then. It’s really puzzling. 🤔

2 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I wonder what makes one experience cost so much more then. It’s really puzzling. 🤔

You are trying to apply logic to Celebrity's pricing.  If only there was someone you could call or email and find out a true answer.  

Check a current sailing and see if you know anyone sailing or ask on the roll call is about the best I can offer. 

We just bought a set of Riedel 'extreme martini glasses' on Amazon, at a slightly discounted price (and free shipping w/Prime). Summit used them in their Martini Bar, on  our last cruise -- and we really liked them. They have a wide base, and up-curving rim -- to add stability and minimize spills.🍸

Edited by wwcruisers

3 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Are you also seeing the one called Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop priced at $93 (10% off now on my planner, $82.99)? I hadn’t noticed this one until today.

I suppose I could ask a sommelier on board in December if nobody has any more information before then.

We have the Comparative workshop in our planner with this description: 

Conducted by highly trained Celebrity sommeliers, discover how the size and shape of your glass influence your perception of aroma and flavor with a RIEDEL Tasting Set. This seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. Each glass has been designed in a RIEDEL Sensory Workshop based on the grape variety's specific DNA. By comparing wines in the correct and incorrectly shaped glasses, you can learn the powerful role they play in wine enjoyment. RIEDEL Performance is the first wine glass series ever to feature bowls with a light optic impact for better aromatics. The loudspeaker for fine wine!

when we did the Reidel workshop there were 2 prices..1 for just the workshop and higher for 2 glasses.  On our last cruise, we saw the workshop but no mention of glass included.   

7 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Yes, I was able to locate this option for the same as what's showing for you in the drinks menu in my planner. The cheaper option was located in the onboard activities menu.