Gem B2B, August 23 thru September 6 review from Boston at $57* per person per day

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 6:29 PM, Sugar Magnolia said:

Where are you @JIMESOPUS

@mking8288 is a good CC friend but I don’t want to hang out at the Cunard board. 

Be like me and give them anxiety. I almost, but didn't, post my proposed red and gold theme suit on their thread discussing what to wear on a theme night. I swear they're all pre-occupied with clothes! For your viewing pleasure, imagine cruiseny in this lovely outfit sashaying his a$$ in Queens Grill! 

Mens Gold Floral Jacquard Red Suits with Pants Shawl Lapel One Button Dress  Suit

Source: Our good friend, Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Floral-Jacquard-Suits-Pants-Button/dp/B0BTSDQL1M

Sorry, Jim...I'll try not to hijack much. 🤠

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

@cruiseny4life you will need to wear that as your embarkation outfit on the inaugural #SchmoopieFest cruise. 

Sorry for the hijack @JIMESOPUS but I think you would agree. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@cruiseny4life you will need to wear that as your embarkation outfit on the inaugural #SchmoopieFest cruise. 

Sorry for the hijack @JIMESOPUS but I think you would agree. 

Ya know what?! Maybe I will! In honor of @mking8288, I'll wear a banner stating that I'm "Lord & Master Cunard!" 

• Haha 2

Good Morning Portland, everyone is up already waiting for their group number to be called for customs inspection. 

The free cruise critic website works but you can't post anything only click on the like button.

Dinner with Officer ( Group Service Coordinator) just one and one other couple, a very interesting conversation about M&G

Number just call, can't wait for next cruise to start, Internet should be better with an older PAX

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning, Jim & warm greetings from Richmond, BC. and 8:15 AM local time, 14 deg. C or 57 deg F.   We start our QE Alaska cruise tomorrow. 

Henry / mking8288@gmail.com

We are back !!! Two days days dealing with the communication manager ( new title ) our FAS 150 Minutes has finally been added.

New to us Internet front end pages

Screenshot_20240831-081300.png

Screenshot_20240831-081204.png

Screenshot_20240831-081151.png

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 2

Meet and Greet from yesterday, 36 attendees made an appearance 

Snacks, coffee and juice 

@mking8288 have been following along your cruise, great information and reading before breakfast, unfortunately using the free CC site I'm unable to see the photos 

IMG_20240831_100450_588.jpg

IMG_20240831_093923_922.jpg

IMG_20240831_093926_388.jpg

• Like 5

What is the discounted price for voyage-long internet service, upgrading from 150 minutes perk?  Does $24.99/day represent the discounted price?  Just still seems very expensive IMO.

Edited by logan25

2 hours ago, logan25 said:

What is the discounted price for voyage-long internet service, upgrading from 150 minutes perk?  Does $24.99/day represent the discounted price?  Just still seems very expensive IMO.

Internet is always expensive, but there is a weekly price for both unlimited and the unlimited with streaming. You can always check your cruise planner for the current price for your cruise. 

Looks like some of the photos didn't upload.

Entertainment has been lacking, only one comedian/card magician and the production crew for the past two weeks, bar entertainment is terrible.

IMG_20240901_184823_402 (1).jpg

IMG_20240901_185422_117 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Looks like some of the photos didn't upload.

Entertainment has been lacking, only one comedian/card magician and the production crew for the past two weeks, bar entertainment is terrible.

Entertainment being reduced/eliminated takes away one of the few advantages NCL held over some other cruiselines. Personally I am not some type of a broadway style entertainment needy person on a cruise...BUT they still need to have a fair amount of varied and decent entertainment offered. Not too sure about what NCL is thinking here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Entertainment being reduced/eliminated takes away one of the few advantages NCL held over some other cruiselines. Personally I am not some type of a broadway style entertainment needy person on a cruise...BUT they still need to have a fair amount of varied and decent entertainment offered. Not too sure about what NCL is thinking here.

@Red-Sol we have experienced two popup entertainment events, one in the Grand Pacific and the other in the Atrium. A production cast member would just show up and sing a song or two. Last night it was in the Atrium, apologies for the grainy photo

IMG_20240902_184613_177 (1).jpg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:26 AM, logan25 said:

During the first cruise there was a $100 off promotional for the first two days but on the second cruise since we didn't get the free minutes until late into the second day there was no offer

• Like 1

One more day of issues, no disconnecting is the new trick, lastest speed test in a empty Atrium. Internet dropped out three times during the past two posts

Screenshot_20240902-185226.png

Edited by JIMESOPUS

47 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@Red-Sol we have experienced two popup entertainment events, one in the Grand Pacific and the other in the Atrium. A production cast member would just show up and sing a song or two. Last night it was in the Atrium, apologies for the grainy photo

IMG_20240902_184613_177 (1).jpg

I believe that I no longer have a feeling of "cheating" on NCL when I book other cruise lines. Wish that wasn't the case but to coin a phrase..."It is what it is" 🙄

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Can I forward this gift to you ?

PXL_20240904_072907037.thumb.jpg.cef337dfe149cf356e001908a5110c7b.jpg

Last cruise I won a $200 Effy voucher …. nice …. then I read the small print …. went to the store …. the minimum price in store was over $1K …. so being kind I was, I passed the gift bag to a lady who would appreciate it more.

• Haha 3

Finally back in Portland, while this may sound strange, we can finally use our phones again without those roaming fees.

Truly disappointed in the Internet while aboard, taking comfort knowing it's not just us and we didn't pay for a upgrade.

• Like 3

Joy already docked, PAX already lined up for immigration, 45 minutes before the start time. Never had a cruise where there were lines one hour before the MDRS open, almost everyone wants to first.

IMG_20240904_101459_753.jpg

IMG_20240904_101104_836.jpg

• Like 1