Sailing Sillhoette 16 August Baltic—have questions? Just ask

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

We had five seas days on the last cruise and four for this one. They are doing this for five cruises in a row.

Thanks. Do you know when they started this 5 cruise in a row series? 
Either way we look farward to our first time cruising on a S class ship. 

1 hour ago, Cruiscs said:

I hope this is not the case on september 20th. We have 3 sea days on that cruise 

we have a 4 day Silho  cruise in Dec but mostly ports..Park West is a major annoyance wherever they are!

Captain Matt just announced that there is a forecast of bad weather and we will not be able to leave Stockholm as scheduled this afternoon but instead will stay until tomorrow. That will mean that we will have only one day in Copenhagen instead of two. I expect a lot of people will be unhappy because they had two days worth of Copenhagen shore excursions booked, but there is nothing you can do when the port Authority say that it will be unsafe to sail through the Stockholm archipelago. 

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Captain Matt just announced that there is a forecast of bad weather and we will not be able to leave Stockholm as scheduled this afternoon but instead will stay until tomorrow. That will mean that we will have only one day in Copenhagen instead of two. I expect a lot of people will be unhappy because they had two days worth of Copenhagen shore excursions booked, but there is nothing you can do when the port Authority say that it will be unsafe to sail through the Stockholm archipelago. 

So sorry you can’t use the Sky Lounge…Definitely a favourite day time hang out, especially if the weather isn’t good. I can’t believe they have convinced enough guests to waste their time going to have breakfast and lunch at what is a sales pitch! If I received an invitation I would bin it!

We have had high winds overnight in the UK and I think the same storm is heading for you. It always amazes me the lack of understanding some guests have when itineraries are changed for bad weather reasons. Yes, a disappointment, but if one chooses to travel by sea you have to expect the occasional diversion from plans…

Thank you for doing a question and answer post. I hope you are enjoying your cruise!

21 minutes ago, chemmo said:

So sorry you can’t use the Sky Lounge…Definitely a favourite day time hang out, especially if the weather isn’t good. I can’t believe they have convinced enough guests to waste their time going to have breakfast and lunch at what is a sales pitch! If I received an invitation I would bin it!

I believe these guests are such high dollar purchasers that they are getting their cruises for free

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe these guests are such high dollar purchasers that they are getting their cruises for free

Gosh…Who would believe it! 

I am not saying that you shouldn’t spend your hard earned $$$ on items you will enjoy looking at but it isn’t how I would want to spend my cruise…

The older I get the less I am inclined to buy ‘more stuff’. To quote my late husband “I will buy you any ornaments or pictures you want as long as you can tell me where you are going to put them…” Perhaps people build extensions to house their art collections…

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

That will mean that we will have only one day in Copenhagen instead of two. I expect a lot of people will be unhappy because they had two days worth of Copenhagen shore excursions booked,

Yep, it's always a risk that itineraries get adjusted due to weather (or other).  But it doesn't mean it's any less disappointing that one's port of call plans then go off the rails a bit.  

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

The older I get the less I am inclined to buy ‘more stuff’. To quote my late husband “I will buy you any ornaments or pictures you want as long as you can tell me where you are going to put them…

Ditto, we're trying to declutter the house.  The missus' general rule of thumb for me is that I can't buy anything unless I toss something in the house. 🤓

What strikes me tonight is how quickly the staff pivots when something like our weather delay happens. The shore excursion staff came up with a couple of options for tomorrow, spent most of today canceling and rebooking, Copenhagen excursions, and patiently explained over and over that there is nothing that we can do, when the port Authority says it isn’t safe to sail.

Surely everyone in their lifetime has had a picnic rained out, but some people act as if the weather is somehow Celebrity’s to control and/or if Captain Matt really wanted to he could do something about it.😳😳😳

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What strikes me tonight is how quickly the staff pivots when something like our weather delay happens. The shore excursion staff came up with a couple of options for tomorrow, spent most of today canceling and rebooking, Copenhagen excursions, and patiently explained over and over that there is nothing that we can do, when the port Authority says it isn’t safe to sail.

Surely everyone in their lifetime has had a picnic rained out, but some people act as if the weather is somehow Celebrity’s to control and/or if Captain Matt really wanted to he could do something about it.😳😳😳

Yes, never fails to amaze me…I remember once queuing at customer services following an announcement that a stop in Jamaica had been cancelled owing to avoiding a storm. The lady in front of me kept saying ‘But I have arranged to pick up a necklace there and I have paid for it’. The poor member of staff offered to allow her to make a phone call or to make a phone call for her to make alternative arrangements but she simply kept repeating ‘But we need to stop I have to collect my necklace’. Like a fool, I tried supporting the poor member of staff by saying (politely and supportively) that they couldn’t stop in Jamaica because it would be dangerous…The lady simply turned to me and said ‘But I have a necklace to collect…’.

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2024 at 12:34 PM, Cruiscs said:

Thanks. Do you know when they started this 5 cruise in a row series? 
Either way we look farward to our first time cruising on a S class ship. 

They started on the previous cruise to this one and will have three more after this one.  

Anyone in a hump cabin - were there footstools and recline chairs or were there those uncomfortable looking chairs?  We’re on the TA and spend quite a bit of time on the balcony - at least we did.

1 hour ago, alfiemom said:

Anyone in a hump cabin - were there footstools and recline chairs or were there those uncomfortable looking chairs?  We’re on the TA and spend quite a bit of time on the balcony - at least we did.

Silhouette 8252 angled verandah in April 2024.

No footstools, but I believe the chairs did recline.

IMG_3282.thumb.jpeg.23432221add8a3478d1d6ded9fe88e41.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Silhouette 8252 angled verandah in April 2024.

No footstools, but I believe the chairs did recline.

IMG_3282.thumb.jpeg.23432221add8a3478d1d6ded9fe88e41.jpeg

Thank you so much.  I’m going to bring 2 portable footstools.  If I can get them on board, I can return the portable ones.  The question of the chairs was important, too.  Thanks again.

58 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

Thank you so much.  I’m going to bring 2 portable footstools.  If I can get them on board, I can return the portable ones.  The question of the chairs was important, too.  Thanks again.

Inflatable beach balls!  Cheap and they pack flat!