Port Canaveral Hotel Assistance

lindacat

I am leaving on a cruise on Carnival Freedom in May 2025 with a friend.  We will be flying in the day before from Boston.  In the past when we flew it was with a large family group and as people were flying in at different times we stayed right at the airport and then hired a private shuttle to take us to the ship the next morning.  

This time it is just the two of us.  We will be arriving around noon time.  We decided we would like to stay closer to the port the day before.  I am trying to decide where to stay.  We will not have a car and plan to uber to the port the morning of the cruise. The prices I am seeing range from $172-280. and these are all acceptable to us.  We would like to have a nice pool area and maybe proximity to the beach.  Would like there to be restaurants/bars on the property or within easy walking distance. ( I have difficulty walking far distances)

I have been looking at hampton inn and suites, holiday inn express, radisson resort at the port and the holiday inn beach club. Does anyone have a recommendation?

there are several newer properties just outside the port near the end of SR-528

image.thumb.png.95b7d04944392f8bff99849edc4aef0c.png

many will head to the beach area however if you have time to enjoy the beach. In which case you want to look at Cocoa Beach area ... just a few minutes down the road.   I'd recommend you UBER to one of the rest' in the port. Grills, Fishlips, Rusty's ..... there are several ... short ride

Costs for Feb 21-22 are sky high ...anywhere close to the port is $295-$400/night. As much as I would prefer to stay close-by, we are probably going to stay near MCO and drive over in the morning for half the price!

We like to stay at Four Points by Sheraton, it is right next to Ron Jon's Surf Shop.  There are restaurants within walking distance, and a grocery store and CVS and Walgreens right across the street, and the beach is 2 blocks away. 

On 8/16/2024 at 9:55 AM, lindacat said:

I am leaving on a cruise on Carnival Freedom in May 2025 with a friend.  We will be flying in the day before from Boston.  In the past when we flew it was with a large family group and as people were flying in at different times we stayed right at the airport and then hired a private shuttle to take us to the ship the next morning.  

This time it is just the two of us.  We will be arriving around noon time.  We decided we would like to stay closer to the port the day before.  I am trying to decide where to stay.  We will not have a car and plan to uber to the port the morning of the cruise. The prices I am seeing range from $172-280. and these are all acceptable to us.  We would like to have a nice pool area and maybe proximity to the beach.  Would like there to be restaurants/bars on the property or within easy walking distance. ( I have difficulty walking far distances)

I have been looking at hampton inn and suites, holiday inn express, radisson resort at the port and the holiday inn beach club. Does anyone have a recommendation?

We stay at the Days Inn Wyndam. It is right across the street from the Cocoa Beach Pier. It has recently been renovated and it sounds like it checks all your boxes.