Getting 4 sailors in a brilliant Suite

klkaylor78

As I was doing two cabins for a family trip on the 2025 Barcelona to Miami crossing I noted that you can have 4 sailors (virgin's term) in Brilliant Suite cabin. Is there a way to register my SIL and BIL to our suite. They have a sea terrace.  It is more about getting the up to richards roof top as I can help with dinning reservations and bar tabs as my wife and I have DBE though 2025.  Not a big thing but....

Any ideas on if this is possible just based on the "legal" number of occupants.

Would we have better options for sharing the good fortune of RS via MRS suite as to bid one as the cruise gets closer?

You can make dining reservations for them by linking their reservation to yours.   Same for excursions.  Not sure how you are planning to "help" them with bar tab--you can allow them to drink the alcohol from your bar in your suite, but you can't take them to the cocktail hour of Richard's Rooftop. Of course, you can get a beverage as the event nears closing and take it to them elsewhere on the ship...that seems a bit of effort to save $10.  If they are still within a cancelation period, you can cancel their reservation and move them to your suite, in which case they will get all suite benefits.  Paying their bar tab is actually easy--you go to Sailor services and ask that their alcohol charges be moved to your account, which then puts them on your bar tab with your DBE. You can allow them to use your 2 Grounds Club drinks per day per person by doing with them and having it put on your bracelet.  But no, you cannot get them the black bracelets to have suite perks unless they are booked in your suite.

The only way I think this would work is if book them as guest 3 & 4 for your suite. And then see what is the cheapest room they can get on board. You can usually upgrade to a sea terrace for relatively cheap because of the way the upgrade system works.

So technically they would be booked into 2 cabins on the cruise, which you can do. And because one of those cabins is RS, they would have a black bracelet to get them everywhere they need to go. But pricing might make this option less than worthwhile. 

Personally, I was not a huge fan of Richard's Rooftop.  Not enough shade.  Too windy when the ship was moving.  I spent less than two hours there on a five night cruise the one time we travelled as a Rockstar.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

Personally, I was not a huge fan of Richard's Rooftop.  Not enough shade.  Too windy when the ship was moving.  I spent less than two hours there on a five night cruise the one time we travelled as all  a Rockstar.  

I didn't see it as that great.  Yes, smaller numbers of people and free drinks at certain times, but not nearly as nice as some of the reserved areas on other lines.  Sorry, I really don't think the suite benefits on VV are worth the cost unless you really like to drink.  In fairness, I've never done mega. and I do understand that there are many "unpublished" perks.

I thought I was the only weirdo who had done everything from  an inside cabin to a suite on another line, but then I met someone on VV who had been in everything from an inside to a massive suite!  Yes, suites are better, but some  lines have better suite perks than others.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I didn't see it as that great.  Yes, smaller numbers of people and free drinks at certain times, but not nearly as nice as some of the reserved areas on other lines.  Sorry, I really don't think the suite benefits on VV are worth the cost unless you really like to drink.  In fairness, I've never done mega. and I do understand that there are many "unpublished" perks.

I thought I was the only weirdo who had done everything from  an inside cabin to a suite on another line, but then I met someone on VV who had been in everything from an inside to a massive suite!  Yes, suites are better, but some  lines have better suite perks than others.

I have to agree. I have done suites on Celebrity, Princess and NCL and their perks outweigh what VV offers. 

4 hours ago, rebeccac said:

Personally, I was not a huge fan of Richard's Rooftop.  Not enough shade.  Too windy when the ship was moving.  I spent less than two hours there on a five night cruise the one time we travelled as a Rockstar.  

It’s got more shade umbrellas than most of the rest of deck 16 and the pool area. We found it a good option to have a pick of spaces to sit at when the other sun decks are busier. But as you say the big downside is it’s often very windy.

We spent a lot of time there for happy hour of course, but otherwise maybe an hour or two each sea day, especially in the hot tubs which are much quieter than the others.

41 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It’s got more shade umbrellas than most of the rest of deck 16 and the pool area. We found it a good option to have a pick of spaces to sit at when the other sun decks are busier. But as you say the big downside is it’s often very windy.

We spent a lot of time there for happy hour of course, but otherwise maybe an hour or two each sea day, especially in the hot tubs which are much quieter than the others.

Except on our sailing they were always putting the umbrellas down because it was too windy.