Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Captain just announced that we are diverting to Cozumel for a medical emergency disembark. This won’t affect the rest of the itinerary. Hope the guest is ok!

• Like 10

DD was up and out early to have breakfast with her friends. DS wanted to sleep in, so I popped out to grab a chai and a snack! Big thanks to those on here that glued me into free Starbucks at the spa cafe! Why would anyone pay for Starbies when you can grab it here! I grabbed my drink and then headed to Park Cafe for a salmon/cream cheese burrito. I really want to try all the options but there are so many and it’s tough to branch out once you find something that works!

IMG_4737.jpeg

• Like 10

Now I have a dilemma. We are at the pub and the parade is about to begin. We have prime seats as we’ve been here a while BUT we also have sushi reservations at 12pm. Are we going to be able to get out of the parade area to get down to sushi on deck 4? Or should we just leave now? Or does it not matter if we are late?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Now I have a dilemma. We are at the pub and the parade is about to begin. We have prime seats as we’ve been here a while BUT we also have sushi reservations at 12pm. Are we going to be able to get out of the parade area to get down to sushi on deck 4? Or should we just leave now? Or does it not matter if we are late?

Does the parade start at noon? You’ll have a 10 minute grace period. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Does the parade start at noon? You’ll have a 10 minute grace period. 

11:30. We watched it and made it to lunch! Pretty cute!

• Like 9

Lunch at Izumi again, but this time for sushi rather than Hibachi. I had pre paid when it is was 30% off so got a decent deal. The service today was 100 times better than yesterday - our only wait was for the actual sushi, which was sitting on the counter taunting us for a good 10 minutes!

The way the pre paid works is that you get one small plate, two large plates, and a dessert. We got two servings of Gyoza and a shrimp tempura from the small plates, then two California rolls, the lobster roll, the Philly roll, and the snow crab and salmon roll, along with a beef teriyaki. While everything was excellent, the large plates were not large at all - each roll only 4 pieces! We definitely didn’t fill up today! For dessert we got two lava cakes (this time the lava cake actually had lava - unlike yesterday) and a mochi.

I made an unwise decision and got sake. Not the best life choice!

IMG_4786.jpeg

IMG_4788.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4795.jpeg

IMG_4796.jpeg

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

IMG_4801.jpeg

• Like 18

On 8/25/2024 at 7:17 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Yes, I had drinks. But on other lines 5 or more “cocktails “ are so watered down that you’re lucky to even get a buzz. I was praising RC for the fact that their drinks actually felt like drinks 

One of my main drinks of choice on the Carnival Breeze this past few days was a Long Island Iced Tea (I don't like tequila, so no Texas Iced Tea).  Yes, they're very strong since most of the main ingredients are .... alcohol.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

While everything was excellent, the large plates were not large at all - each roll only 4 pieces!

Does that menu say the "large plates" are in the $15 and up range?

I wouldn't be very happy if I actually paid $15 for a roll and only got 4 pieces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

Does that menu say the "large plates" are in the $15 and up range?

I wouldn't be very happy if I actually paid $15 for a roll and only got 4 pieces.

Yes - I would not be happy paying a-la-carte. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes - I would not be happy paying a-la-carte. 

But a la carte I believe you get 8 pieces each.  No personal experience but I’m told it’s better to order that way than the prie Fixe menus 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

But a la carte I believe you get 8 pieces each.  No personal experience but I’m told it’s better to order that way than the prie Fixe menus 

Interesting! That’s kind of low if so…I would have done a-la-carte in that case!

• Like 4

This afternoon I experienced my first real frustration. I mentioned a few times about being ignored when trying to get drinks (aside from Boot and Bonnet this ship is hands down the hardest one to actually acquire a drink). This afternoon I went up to the Solarium bar and stood at the bar to order. It certainly wasn’t packed, and with 3 bartenders there should have been a system whereby they know who is next. I literally stood there for 10 minutes without being acknowledged while each bartender served others just walking up after me. I didn’t stress, it was only 10 minutes and I figured they would get to me. After another 10 minutes and my making eye contact and waving my card, still nothing. An older gentleman sitting at the bar next to me actually called over the bartender and told him I had been waiting a long time and should be helped next (thank you, sir). The bartender acknowledged it, finished up the drink he was making and then went on to serve someone else that had been way after me. I walked away in disgust. As I mentioned, I tip cash every drink - not because I want better service or stronger drinks, but because I feel these people deserve it. On this ship, I’m not feeling that at all. The pub is another story- the service there is fantastic and I will continue to tip there. The other places…nope. Sorry. 

I finally got my beer (probably the fastest drink to grab) at the pool bar!

IMG_4803.jpeg

• Like 14

Find a bartender who knows how to make a Labadoozie.  Those are tasty! Also, find the elevators that go down to the medical center (there's two bays, you'll want to see both).  Go all the way to the medical center floor, facing the back of the elevator.

• Like 1

Today’s burn:

DD: One of my friends has a 13 year old sister. She is so sweet. I wish I had a sister.

DS: (without even a pause to think). Oh, you don’t want a sister. Believe me. I speak from experience.

DD: 😳🤔🤨😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 43

2 minutes ago, Priszm said:

Find a bartender who knows how to make a Labadoozie.  Those are tasty! Also, find the elevators that go down to the medical center (there's two bays, you'll want to see both).  Go all the way to the medical center floor, facing the back of the elevator.

I have so many questions. Firstly, finding a bartender is easy. Getting them to actually serve me, not so much. Secondly, medical centre. Why? Are there shenanigans down there?

One of the questions for Majority Rules gameshow today was “what is your favourite place on the ship?” One team put “Deck 7 bathroom”. I feel like I need to be part of their crew…

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

What should I do for dinner tonight? It’s Country night (hello silver cowboy boots) and we have no plans. It’s Italian in the dining room and nothing jumped out. I feel like there are still places I haven’t found. Suggestions?

• Like 4