App and Website have our reservations scrambled - Do I need to try to fix before sailing?

I’ve seen multiple references on this board to the lack of skills on the part of RCI’s IT team, so I’m hoping someone else has experience with my situation and can advise me.

We are booked on the Harmony in November – my husband and I, our daughter and her boyfriend. 2 bookings, separate cabins. We want to do the Chef’s Table together, so once I had our booking numbers, I got on the Royal app and linked the reservations, booked the Chef’s table, and didn’t think more about it.

A few weeks later, we had decided that the men will take the All-Access tour (both ex-Navy and they want to see the Bridge and engineering spaces), and that we all want to take an excursion in Costa Maya. My daughter and I got those booked. And here’s where things get strange.

In the app and on the website, when I log in, it displays my daughter’s booking number as my upcoming cruise, and my booking number as the linked reservation. Details for both reservations are accurate – her booking shows her name and her boyfriend’s; mine shows mine and my husband’s and the room numbers are correct. Further, on the app, I can see the following on the calendar:

·      The All-Access tour for both men

·      My daughter’s reservation for the shore excursion (listing her and her boyfriend’s names)

·      Chef’s table for all of us

On the website, I can see:

·      My reservation for the shore excursion (listing my and my husband’s names)

·      Chef’s table for all of us

Note that the All-Access tour is not showing at all.

I’ve printed my emailed receipts for all of my bookings and plan to bring them on the cruise. So here’s my question – should I anticipate that our activity and excursions are going to be messed up onboard? Should I call customer service to see if they can sort it out? Or should I just chalk the weirdness up to the RCI IT team’s mad skills and leave it be?

Thanks!

I would call, but beware that even if they confirm that the tour is booked when you call, it might still be messed up when you get onboard. I had this happen on our recent Icon cruise. We had several rooms booked, and after moving a couple of people around I could no longer see my MIL's excursion reservation. When I called, they said they didn't know why it wasn't in my planner, but they could see that she was booked for the excursion. When we got onboard, she did not have an excursion ticket in her cabin, and they had no record of the booking. Luckily they were able to add her, but it took time out of our first day on the ship. Even if they confirm over the phone, definitely take your receipts onboard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

On the Cruise Planner, I would check your Order History. (Upper right corner) to make sure that excursion and activity purchases are noted. 

I’d not only check my order history, I’d print out a copy of it just in case the reservations “happened” to disappear from your order history. I had issues with some of my reservations on our Allure B2B and was very glad I had physical copies of everything. Those copies made it a whole lot easier to get everything sorted out! 

• Like 1

A similar thing happened to me with the app. I went through the contact pages, but I forget all the steps.  I explained that I had deleted the app on Android phone and iPad and hade restarted my devices, reinstalled the app on both devices, restarted my devices.  Same problem persisted on both devices.  

The responses I got were from web_reservations@rrcl.com.

The first response was annoying, because they told me to update the app, restart. If that didn’t work delete the app and restart the device, all of which I had said I had tried. I was not happy! I responded to the email telling them I was very disappointed that they were telling me to try what I had said I had already on multiple times on multiple devices.

In the first email, they did suggest I call the customer service # 1-800-327-6700, and I said in my email that I would do so the next morning.  I didn’t have to do that.

Before I called, I got an email response from someone else:

”Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. I am happy to address your inquiry. 

I apologize for the miscommunication in the previous correspondence. Upon review, your

Guest Account showed [daughter] as the main guest. I have updated it to reflect your booking. Please be advised both bookings are still linked, but you should see yours as the main one. Please let us know if you are still seeing the error so we can further assist”

So, I would recommend contacting them and explaining what’s going on.

I should have made it clear that my daughter was on a separate reservation.  We were linked for dining and in the app and online.  Because we were in different fare “categories” we could not even make reservations for all of us, if there was a charge involved, such as for excursions.  However, she went in and booked show reservations for us.

When we first looked in the app, my name, room, etc.  appeared .  It was in the planner that I saw her schedule.

It seems that they store some kind of customer number in the main record and use that to link to excursions.  If that number is messed up, you have our problem.

The good news is that it seems to be easily fixed.

On 8/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, Coralc said:

On the Cruise Planner, I would check your Order History. (Upper right corner) to make sure that excursion and activity purchases are noted. 

Thanks - I did that, and on our cruise booking, I can see our Chef's Table booking and our Mayan Ruins booking against our reservation, but, weirdly, not my husband's All Access tour.

On my daughter's cruise booking, I can see my husband's tour (showing that she booked it, which isn't true), and the Chef's Table, their Mayan Ruins booking, and her boyfriend's All Access Tour - all of those listed as being booked by someone else.

Sheesh! I think a call is definitely in order - based on what I am seeing, neither of us could adjust the second of the All Access tours (daughter's boyfriend) or their Mayan Ruins tour.

I'll also add these pages to my pile of printed documents that will be coming with us.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:18 AM, 88cruzer said:

I should have made it clear that my daughter was on a separate reservation.  We were linked for dining and in the app and online.  Because we were in different fare “categories” we could not even make reservations for all of us, if there was a charge involved, such as for excursions.  However, she went in and booked show reservations for us.

When we first looked in the app, my name, room, etc.  appeared .  It was in the planner that I saw her schedule.

It seems that they store some kind of customer number in the main record and use that to link to excursions.  If that number is messed up, you have our problem.

The good news is that it seems to be easily fixed.

Sounds very similar - thanks!