The new MSC terminal at Port Canaveral was nixxed

firefly333

Idk if anyone was hoping to go out of PC but that previously approved terminal was  nixxed. I live here and the state said if the decision wasnt reversed the state would withhold infrastructure funds. City backed down. Was on our local news. The state wants the area to go to space development. 

Interesting; we are currently on the Seashore and the Captain did mention the new Miami & Barcelona terminals... didn't even know that one was projected for Pt Canaveral

6 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Interesting; we are currently on the Seashore and the Captain did mention the new Miami & Barcelona terminals... didn't even know that one was projected for Pt Canaveral

I think there is another approved for Galveston. Might even already be able to book cruises from there. It's on it's way. But the one the city wanted for port Canaveral the state wants the area to become the space capital. The city was reportedly ordered to reverse the decision for this msc terminal or lose state funds for infrastructure so the city complied.

Port officials say they havent given up and will look at other areas. On both our 5 pm and now 6 pm news. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think there is another approved for Galveston. Might even already be able to book cruises from there. It's on it's way. But the one the city wanted for port Canaveral the state wants the area to become the space capital. The city was reportedly ordered to reverse the decision for this msc terminal or lose state funds for infrastructure so the city complied.

Port officials say they havent given up and will look at other areas. On both our 5 pm and now 6 pm news. 

Yes.  Galveston approved.  They broke ground yesterday.  It was on the evening news here in Dallas.  A lot of us in Texas will be booking those cruises.  They are online already.   Cruises start Nov 2025.  Yee haw. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMH15 said:

Yes.  Galveston approved.  They broke ground yesterday.  It was on the evening news here in Dallas.  A lot of us in Texas will be booking those cruises.  They are online already.   Cruises start Nov 2025.  Yee haw. 

I was in dallas and cruising out of Galveston for 20 years and following along about Galveston, that's why I mentioned it. I just moved to port Canaveral a few months ago. I got tired of driving down and getting a hote and the parking. I wanted to just call uber and lock the door on a condo. Wasnt a easy move but I got thru it. 

I lived in dallas area at least 22 or 23 years, lost track. Now I'm here and this whole port thing for the new msc terminal I'm here where it was supposed to be built. The state here said either reverse your decision or we will cut off your infrastructure funds. ..it had already been approved here too but the state said oh no, not so fast. We dont agree.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was in dallas and cruising out of Galveston for 20 years and following along about Galveston, that's why I mentioned it. I just moved to port Canaveral a few months ago. I got tired of driving down and getting a hote and the parking. I wanted to just call uber and lock the door on a condo. Wasnt a easy move but I got thru it. 

I lived in dallas area at least 22 or 23 years, lost track. Now I'm here and this whole port thing for the new msc terminal I'm here where it was supposed to be built. The state here said either reverse your decision or we will cut off your infrastructure funds. ..it had already been approved here too but the state said oh no, not so fast. We dont agree.

Sorry that happened.  

I hope this cancellation won't affect MSC's decision to move the Grandiosa to Port Canaveral in fall 2025. We're booked on her in February 2026. Got a great deal on a suite and would hate to lose it....

I haven’t read the whole mess, but essentially they can still sail from there, and use it as a port call, but they can’t build their own terminal.  Maybe there was local funding, easements, etc.    Maybe if MSC totally funded it themselves…. EM

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

So does this mean msc Meraviglia out of NY will use Miami as a stop instead of Port Canaveral for the Bahamas cruises?

No. You can call at any port. You can home port at any port (you don't need your own personal terminal in Miami, you just use one of the other docks like they do today). 

Speaking of Miami, when is the MSC terminal scheduled to open?

Edited by BirdTravels