Saint Greg's return to Jubilee - Live - August 24, 2024

On 8/23/2024 at 9:30 PM, Saint Greg said:

Im so fast I beat my own prediction 

IMG_6188.thumb.jpeg.0708cc54f30b8628654c42ea02e26cd9.jpeg

Might be a stupid question. But when you live less than 4 hours away, why go the night before and pay for a hotel room? We live in Orlando and when we cruise from Miami, we wake up early and drive down the morning of the cruise, about 3.5 hours. We are in Miami by 10 am. We feel that is a good buffer in case of traffic jams. Just curious as to why you go down the night before. 

I haven’t sailed Carnival since 2013 and have no intentions of sailing Carnival anytime soon, but I never miss your  or @TxTeach79reviews.  

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Might be a stupid question. But when you live less than 4 hours away, why go the night before and pay for a hotel room? We live in Orlando and when we cruise from Miami, we wake up early and drive down the morning of the cruise, about 3.5 hours. We are in Miami by 10 am. We feel that is a good buffer in case of traffic jams. Just curious as to why you go down the night before. 

I haven’t sailed Carnival since 2013 and have no intentions of sailing Carnival anytime soon, but I never miss your  or @TxTeach79reviews.  

Have a great cruise!

I’m not less than four hours away…but I like to be within an hour of the port the day before the cruise in case anything happens. I like getting that good night of sleep less than an hour away and knowing I’m not going to waste the first day of my cruise being exhausted. On very rare occasions I have flown to a cruise on embarkation day but those have always been about vacation time. Saturday cruises where I couldn’t fly in after work on Friday and I didn’t want to take Friday off of work.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 21

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Elevator thought. I always try to abide by the etiquette of allowing people off of the elevator before you get on. But the problem Is there are now a bunch of people who stand by the buttons and hit the door close button if nobody immediately gets on. So now I’ve been hit by elevator doors about three times this week because I waited to see if anyone was getting off and while I was waiting someone hit the door close button.

And here I was ready to check with @Jamman54to get the dates he and Patti would be onboard. Maybe not.  Will have to wait for the wrap up. Like you, we are expanding to other brands. Price and the same old stuff on Carnival, we have Royal, Princess, and VV booked.  Thinking of trying NCL before your Alaska adventure. Some highs and some low points for them.  I have to say I really have enjoyed our short Royal and longer Princess cruises. Carnival has changed a lot and price has really increased for the product and experience.  

• Like 3

They had two more showings of dear future husband tonight and only repeats of the Chris Wiles adult show.

Deal or No deal prep 

IMG_7253.thumb.jpeg.45987134feb208c6afe8190a6569dde4.jpeg

IMG_7254.thumb.jpeg.cd125fdf714bb51de023e7107fe6f108.jpeg

rock n glow

IMG_7255.thumb.jpeg.8f98d964cebcf3eb63832f7c8559f0d2.jpeg

IMG_7256.thumb.jpeg.8ae2b391d92db5bb0949887df0283797.jpeg

late night comedy

IMG_7257.thumb.jpeg.3b5bf658c95475c8ac4cb54630583299.jpeg

IMG_7258.thumb.jpeg.903894b9235d4c980af5e4f16bdcac76.jpeg

• Like 10