Has anyone heard about a cruise reimbursement for the cloudstrike computer glitch?

9 hours ago, syesmar said:

Was your B2B considered 2 cruises or 1 by HAL? Did it have one booking number or 2? I hope this can be resolved to your satisfaction soon, sounds like quite the ordeal when FlightEase is advertised as part of “convenient, worry-free” way to book airfare.

It was 1. I hope HAL will help us. If not we've learned alot of hard lessons. Convenient, yes. Worry-free, no.

On 8/25/2024 at 2:41 AM, Hlitner said:

What a mess which was not the fault of the cruise lines (all were impacted) or the airlines (which were also the victim).  I imagine it will take years to resolve the various claims (some of which will be huge...between the airlines and Crowdstrike).  Insurance companies make their money by NOT paying claims, and since this situation will involve $Billions in claims you can expect them to be like turtles hiding inside their shells.  

As to the OPs insurance, we talk a lot about insurance on the CC cruise insurance blog and, unfortunately, most folks do not take the time to read the details of a policy before they purchase.  You would think that this Crowdstrike situation is just the kind of thing that should be covered by trip insurance, but insurance companies may try to weasel out of paying claims by implementing various clauses.  I would not be shocked to see some of them try to use "force majeure" as an excuse although one could argue that force majeure was never meant to cover something like a software screw-up.  

We hope that the OP is eventually recovers all their losses.  Like others, all we can do is offer our moral support and suggest that they keep plugging away at the various parties (airlines, cruise line, and insurance company) for some kind of settlement.

Hank

Thank you for your moral support. It is appreciated. We did ask Elliot advocacy for help so we'll see.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Thank you for posting this for everyone. That is the number we called, btw. But I'll no longer book through flight ease as there is no benefit. But it's good if other people want to still do it now they know.

See my above post where I do list the benefits.  I simply consider them another option.  If I can get a super deal and avoid immediate payment I am happy to use them. But I do always shop around.  Your outcome would have been no different if you had booked your own.  

Edited by Mary229

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

See my above post where I do list the benefits.  I simply consider them another option.  If I can get a super deal and avoid immediate payment I am happy to use them. But I do always shop around.  Your outcome would have been no different if you had booked your own.  

I realize that now.

52 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The only plus is the occasional exceptional international rates, the ability to book now and pay later with no obligation and as someone recently pointed out paying with the AARP gift cards for the additional discount.  FE became very popular from 2020-2022 as they did refund the air if your cruise was canceled.  I do not know the current status of that provision. 

Does FE offer good discounts compared to booking independently? I haven't flown internationally to a HAL cruise, so I can't comment on FE prices, but I was shocked when I priced flights through Cunard's service. In the past, I got some great fares to London. But lately, I have been able to get better prices to Vancouver and to London by booking directly with the airline than if I went through Cunard. It did mean paying now, but that also meant seat selection, which is important to me.

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Does FE offer good discounts compared to booking independently? I haven't flown internationally to a HAL cruise, so I can't comment on FE prices, but I was shocked when I priced flights through Cunard's service. In the past, I got some great fares to London. But lately, I have been able to get better prices to Vancouver and to London by booking directly with the airline than if I went through Cunard. It did mean paying now, but that also meant seat selection, which is important to me.

We have gotten some good prices by booking through the cruise line. But not always.

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Results for us gave been mixed, but we've found international flights to be mostly considerably less expensive using FE vs booking direct. With that said, prices varied greatly from one search to the next, so searching multiple times on different days could yield different results. 

We prefer AA which currently is not an option on FE (I understand there's a planned change to get them back) and have not used FE this year - our last time was Oct & Nov '23.

• Like 1