Transfers from Los Angeles and San Diego

We are arriving into Los Angeles Cruise port and need to get to Laguna Beach can anyone suggest a transfer service that isn’t too $$$$$. We then need a transfer back from San Diego to Santa Monica a few days later. Trying to avoid driving too much if we can as in Oz we are on the other side of the road! Appreciate everyone’s advice and if they use someone local that they can recommend. Thanks Carolyn 

Really I just wondered if anyone knew a local driver as if I look online there are only people such as black lane and they charge more than $500 for a transfer to San Diego. I don’t want to catch the train as union station in La looks to be dangerous 

Just now, Cruiseyone said:

Really I just wondered if anyone knew a local driver as if I look online there are only people such as black lane and they charge more than $500 for a transfer to San Diego. I don’t want to catch the train as union station in La looks to be dangerous 

LA Union Station is not dangerous.  But you can also look into the other train stations south of LA that may be closer.

Have you looked at Viator?  They usually have several car&driver options,  but I don’t know about the prices.  
Transportation from the port to Laguna shouldn’t be too expensive , but there’s really no cheap, convenient way to get from San Diego to LA that I know of.   

19 hours ago, Cruiseyone said:

as if I look online there are only people such as black lane and they charge more than $500 for a transfer to San Diego

Blacklane is what I frequently use in Southern California-- they are reliable and of high quality. You can use something like UberX which MAY cost less (not always) but will be in a car that is of much less quality than Blacklane. Its a gamble but you can sometimes do better on their prices with Uber. 

19 hours ago, Cruiseyone said:

I don’t want to catch the train as union station in La looks to be dangerous 

As said above- absolute rubbish. I was just there 2 weeks ago to catch a train. Not only is it safe its actually very beautiful architecturally and an attraction in LA of its own right. The area from the trains to the curb where you could get an Uber or car service is well patrolled. 

If you are looking at lowering your costs, and not renting a car which is the obvious solution, I think the train would by far be the best option. The Greyhound Bus option frankly is far more "dangerous" than Union Station is.  

• Like 1

Don't try and use a train, REALLY don't try and use Greyhound.

To Laguna Beach from San Pedro, I'd Uber.

If you are getting a car in Laguna Beach to drive to San Diego, I'd keep the car to go to Santa Monica. From San Diego to Santa Monica you are essentially on one, multilane freeway the whole time. It could not be easier.

Arriving in San Pedro, you would not want to go to Union Station, because that is 30+ miles in the wrong direction. If you DID want to use the train (which I would not), I'd Uber to the Fullerton (FUL), Anaheim (ANA) or Santa Ana (SNA) Amtrak station.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:33 PM, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Arriving in San Pedro, you would not want to go to Union Station, because that is 30+ miles in the wrong direction. If you DID want to use the train (which I would not), I'd Uber to the Fullerton (FUL), Anaheim (ANA) or Santa Ana (SNA) Amtrak station.

I don't think it was about going to Union Station to catch a train so much as ending up at Union Station after catching a train.