What are my options??? Any advice appreciated.

Booked Christmas cruise for myself, daughter, and her friend.  Have only paid 300 deposit. I did buy the insurance through RC at checkout. Friend cant go . What are my options? Pay entire amount due in a week? What does the cancel for any reason policy mean? Friend was paying his own way so now I would have to reimburse him. Just not sure what to do. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Have you done a mock booking. What would the same cabin or similar cost with 2 people? I know for $100 pp you can change to a different cruise, but not sure it applies to changing the same cruise. @Ourusualbeachwould know.

Let's say friend does not cancel and is a no show. You booked at $2000 total and after the cruise a refund of friends taxes and fees go to the card that paid them.

If you move to a 2 pax cabin now what is the total cost of refared. Is it more or less than you originally paid?

4 hours ago, layteacher said:

Booked Christmas cruise for myself, daughter, and her friend.  Have only paid 300 deposit. I did buy the insurance through RC at checkout. Friend cant go . What are my options? Pay entire amount due in a week? What does the cancel for any reason policy mean? Friend was paying his own way so now I would have to reimburse him. Just not sure what to do. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Unfortunately, you did not purchase the insurance you only added it to the reservation and it does not come into effect until after you pay the booking in full.

Bets t o call, there is a small chance that you can drop the friend and keep the same room.  Alternatively Royal may insist that you move to a double occupancy room that will be priced at todays rates which you will then have to compare to what you paid which may be lower.

I would also check with AON (travelcruisecare.com) to see if one person can file a claim under the CFAR portion of the trip or whether it needs to be for the entire booking

On 8/26/2024 at 6:27 AM, layteacher said:

Have you contacted Royal about the coverage? How about another friend? Since he said he could go and now can't he needs to make sure you aren't out any extra money than you had planned. That would be the friendly thing to do or he isn't a very good friend IMO. 

• Like 1