Galveston Hotel recommendations with parking and shuttle

I have a group of 8 cruising on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas out of Galveston on Jan. 5, 2025. We plan to arrive the night before. We will have 2 vehicles and need 2 rooms. Can anyone recommend a hotel with parking included (or for a reasonable fee) and a shuttle to the pier? Parking has gone up so much since the last time I stayed in Galveston! 

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I would stay wherever you like in either Galveston or Texas City, and use one of the secured parking lots near the cruise pier. If you park at a hotel, your car will be in an open, unsecured lot while you are gone. It could be broken into, or vandalized. The secured parking lots are usually around $100 per car for a week, and they all have shuttles that drop you off right at the pier. I have cruised with a group of 10, and that is what we did. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 3:01 PM, ChristieP said:

Honestly, I would stay wherever you like in either Galveston or Texas City, and use one of the secured parking lots near the cruise pier. If you park at a hotel, your car will be in an open, unsecured lot while you are gone. It could be broken into, or vandalized. The secured parking lots are usually around $100 per car for a week, and they all have shuttles that drop you off right at the pier. I have cruised with a group of 10, and that is what we did. 

Can you tell me which lot is $100 for the week?  I can find only $200 lots for 7 nights!  Quite a big increase from last year.

18 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Can you tell me which lot is $100 for the week?  I can find only $200 lots for 7 nights!  Quite a big increase from last year.

Try Discount, Lighthousec, Ez , Patriot,   Port , Port of Galveston 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ssb said:

Try Discount, Lighthousec, Ez , Patriot,   Port , Port of Galveston 

Thanks, I found most of them are in the $160 to $200 range for 1 week.  If you get one with no shuttle it is $136, but then you have to pay for an uber or walk a loooong way with luggage.  I found none for $100. I paid $90 for covered parking last December with a shuttle.  I guess we have to help pay for the new terminal since the parking companies have to pay each time their shuttle enters the cruise terminal. I heard it is beautiful.

Edited by shiner6

If you’ve never used Patriot, the indoor garage is elevated quite a bit.  Last week while we were out on Mariner watching Francine it was good to know my truck was there and not outside at the port or in a hotel parking lot.  The shuttle is always quick and when we got back it was waiting at the spot they said.  Very easy both ways.  

If you choose to park walking distance you can drive to the terminal, drop all your bags and passengers (except your carryon and travel documents), drive to the parking lot and walk back.  I used to do that when I was younger and didn’t mind the heat/cold/rain/ whatever.  No more.  But to each their own.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites a few years ago and they had a park & sail plus shuttle to the port.  You might want to call them and see if they still offer that service.  We ended up calling a taxi to the port as the shuttle was small, slow, and crowded.  Good thing was the Walmart directly across the street for any last minute items.