Jewel Club suite 11568, is this really worth it? CAS upgrade

Hey all, so we had an unknown "free" cruise through CAS, they called and we chose an itinerary for 12 nights on the Jewel in Feb., Maybe taking two grandkids, so initially needed a room for four.  We asked for the best deal possible, (lowest fare/best room).  So we were assigned 11568 a club suite, which we have never had.  

So when looking online, it's the same size of a balcony room, only for 4 folks, get priority at signing up for events, but really not much more.  Can you experienced cruisers help explain why I would spend 3k for 4 folks, when we all would be fine in a regular balcony.  Is this the deal of the century?  I don't see it.  I don't care about being on deck 11.  Are there real perks I missed as this isn't haven quality type room. 

Why book a club balcony and pay more is the real question.  I appreciate all feedback

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

Hey all, so we had an unknown "free" cruise through CAS, they called and we chose an itinerary for 12 nights on the Jewel in Feb., Maybe taking two grandkids, so initially needed a room for four.  We asked for the best deal possible, (lowest fare/best room).  So we were assigned 11568 a club suite, which we have never had.  

So when looking online, it's the same size of a balcony room, only for 4 folks, get priority at signing up for events, but really not much more.  Can you experienced cruisers help explain why I would spend 3k for 4 folks, when we all would be fine in a regular balcony.  Is this the deal of the century?  I don't see it.  I don't care about being on deck 11.  Are there real perks I missed as this isn't haven quality type room. 

Why book a club balcony and pay more is the real question.  I appreciate all feedback

Thanks in advance

What you would gain is approximately 80 SF of space, much of which, is in the bathroom.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

What you would gain is approximately 80 SF of space, much of which, is in the bathroom.

That’s pretty much it, a bigger bathroom. 

• Like 3

im sorry, i dont understand... if the club balcony is free, what's the difference, what are you asking about when describing the extra $3,000. if  it is fact for the cabin, youre 100% correct, just take the regular balcony. by the way, remember, if  you hold diamond latitude status, you can also upgrade from the balcony to the club

• Like 1

Hi there.

We (2 of us) have stayed in a Club Suite Balcony (CS) on the Jewel (May/22).  We selected something like #11548 for our NB to Alaska cruise.  The ship was only half-full.  We had extra vacation time so decided onboard to book the SB return trip and were assigned #11572 or 74 – close to where you will be.  (We’ve also stayed in a Balcony or Family Balcony (FB) on various other NCL ships.) 

Regarding the CS, the bathroom is definitely bigger.  The sitting area and the actual balcony are also a bit bigger and a little bit wider.  If travelling with the grandkids, the extra space may come in handy on a 12-day cruise.  You may already get some of the CS perks, i.e., free bag of laundry, priority sign-up, with your Latitude Rewards?

#11568 is directly below the Splash Academy/Splash Academy Youth Center and close to the stairs/elevator vestibule, which may be convenient if the grandkids are enrolled there.  We were a bit concerned about the location of #11572(?) when we switched cabins mid-cruise, but it was fine.  Not a lot of kids on the ship, though.  There was actually more noise from our next-door neighbours than from above or from the hallway.    

I’m guessing that your “free” cruise was likely not for four, and not for a CS for 12 days, so any deviation would be $$ out of pocket for you.  However, for a $3K upcharge?  I’d consider going with a FB for four. 

Safe and happy travels 😊

Leets

P.S. Your 25-day upcoming cruise from Tampa to Alaska sounds amazing!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, complawyer said:

im sorry, i dont understand... if the club balcony is free, what's the difference, what are you asking about when describing the extra $3,000. if  it is fact for the cabin, youre 100% correct, just take the regular balcony. by the way, remember, if  you hold diamond latitude status, you can also upgrade from the balcony to the club

Likely that the comp was an inside room for 2 upgraded (OP’s description) to a CBS for 4. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2