Doncha love these "Help me decide!" threads?

I sure hope it closes! I was on an RSSC ship in May with a similar cabin set-up, and the curtain definitely did close. I just took another look at the picture of the cabin on the RCI website, and I can see what you mean...although it's entirely possible there is a recessed track on the ceiling there. Hard to tell.

LeeAnne

The curtain does not close all the way, it is just there for decoration. We did 2 adults and 1 then 9 year old in a D1 on the Navigator, we had the sofa bed, no extra pull down. It was tight but we mananged. The kids will love the Navigator.

OH...okay, no curtain. Bummer. Well, too late now, and besides, I still think we made the right choice. The kids are going berserk looking at all the stff there is on the Navigator.

LeeAnne

LeeAnne,

We did the Majesty with two kids in an inside room with Pullman beds and it was still a great cruise.

Your kids will LOVE the Navigator. Plus, the kids are so busy they will probably only be in the room long enough to pass out while waiting for late night room service ;)

Bobbie

LeeAnne, until you get to the GS category, the curtain doesn't pull all the way across, and thus is NOT a privacy curtain.

I cruise with my kids, starting with when they were 14 & 16. We have all always shared a cabin, and have not only NOT killed each other, we have enjoyed the experience.

Given, as you said, that you have just had a romantic getaway with the DH, losing the privacy for this particular vacation is an easy accommodation.

Depending on how locked into a particular date you are, you should, as suggested, look at the weeks that have DEEP discounts on the 3rd/4th passengers' cruisefare. You just may find yourself booking that Grand Suite.....

Thanks! Yeah, we'll live with the lack of privacy. However...I'm now thinking about maybe moving up to a JS. If I can land this project I'm shooting for, I can live a little bit more richly on this cruise...wish me luck! ;)

LeeAnne

Archived