Zenith Pins

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, canderson said:

Guess it depends upon the ship. On ships like Edge, with 190 suites and likely 380 faces, they're not going to be 100% on top of every suite.  Not even close.  Yes, they may recognize you from previous visits, but they won't know a majority of these faces on the first visit, or likely even subsequent visits.

S class is a little bit easier, with (varies by ship) as many as 111 suites.  But 222 faces?

On an M class ship, with only 50 suites, I would believe it to be more likely to be successful.  Even then, I don't know if they're really tracking Sky Suite guests that carefully.

If what I've been led to understand is correct, the real effort toward recognizing faces starts at Royal Suites where certain unique perks start to kick in.  I could believe that.  Gives the Retreat concierges a fighting chance at keeping on top of those folks.

Edge Class ships need the room key to open the sliding door at the entrance.

Edited by verizon

21 minutes ago, verizon said:

Edge Class ships need the room key to open the sliding door at the entrance.

Thinking of the tail-gater syndrome, but certainly the card requirement makes it a whole lot easier.  You can bet that's why it was instituted on E-Class.

Anyway, the idea to which I was responding was that "the Retreat hosts study the photos of everyone eligible to be there..." - no ship class specified.

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thinking of the tail-gater syndrome, but certainly the card requirement makes it a whole lot easier.  You can bet that's why it was instituted on E-Class.

On M/S class ships the Michaels Club/Retreat Lounge are also Muster Stations so can not be locked.  Otherwise they would have had key card locks on them years ago.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 9:37 AM, cruising teacher said:

Just got our Zenith pins. Very nice but what are we supposed to do with them?

I would say to put them with all your educator badges, pins, rewards etc., or not!