Just off the Seashore 4 day Bahamas--MUCH better than MSC last yr!

KKB

I sailed the Divina in the Caribbean for 12 days Feb 2023 & the Preziosa for 20 days in Europe May 2023. 

I was not overly impressed with MSC, mostly the abundance of rude passengers I encountered on both cruises.

Happy to say, there didn't seem to be the plethora on of them on this cruise.

The Good:

--gorgeous ship 

--specialty dining was good to great

--lots of activities

--Ocean Cay--best private island at sea

--2/3 production shows were VERY good (I didn't see the other); there were numerous other show options I didn't attend. 

--overall entertainment & shows were a VAST improvement over both ships last year

--cabin steward was a stealth ninja--my room was spotless

The meh:

--elevators could be quite slow

--crew was the least friendly I've ever encountered. Don't get me wrong--they were lovely IF you engaged them. But they did not engage you 1st.

--this ships is SERIOUS lacking in casual dining. Basically it's the buffet--AND THAT'S IT. With the elevator situation, that makes it a challenge at times.

--NOT the best pizza at sea. Divina & Preziosa had AMAZING pizza--6 different choices & several changed daily. Nope. 3 offerings, exactly the same daily & it was just OK

--Hola was very average for a paid meal. Not bad, but not worth paying for

The awful:

--I either got norovirus or a mild bout of food poisoning. Woke day 2, ate breakfast at the buffet & it just went downhill from there. Did not go to Ocean Cay (BOO) or do anything beyond a couple hours in the sun & read in my room. 

I don't blame anyone, it can happen anywhere & haven't had anything like that in 20 yrs on a cruise--and as much as we have been cruising, not bad.

If you have any questions, let me know.

MSC is off the naughty list!

• Thanks 3

Ugh the bad continues….

Left my pouch of cords in the cabin 

Storms in Orlando so flight delayed so won’t make connection…

Look to be getting in 7 hrs later than expected🙄

Just overpaid for a charging cord & plug.

Can I get back on the ship please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

NOT the best pizza at sea. Divina & Preziosa had AMAZING pizza--6 different choices & several changed daily. Nope. 3 offerings, exactly the same daily & it was just OK

The best way to get the best pizza is to custom order it. The basic pizza that sits under a heat lamp is just "meh".

13 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The best way to get the best pizza is to custom order it. The basic pizza that sits under a heat lamp is just "meh".

Didn’t see an option for that on the Seashore

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

through room service or can you special order at the buffet??

25 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

through room service or can you special order at the buffet??

Didn't see that option at the buffet...but I admit with the crowds (since pretty much EVERYONE is there for breakfast & lunch), I was in & out pretty quick.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

What did you have at Hola? I'll be on this ship in a few weeks and was going to have a meal there.

"Freshly made" guac--naw, it wasn't that bright green of fresh guac, clearly not fresh. 

(my rec--order the one you "make yourself" so you KNOW it's fresh)

Chicken tamale--husk had black spots & that gave me pause. I took a couple nibbles, but I SHOULD NOT HAVE. THAT might have been what made me sick the next day!

3 tacos: Al Pastor (pretty good), Carne Asade (OK, but meat was barely warm), Catch of the day--fried Hake (1st bite was GREAT, but when I came to it again, it was cold & the breading was oil soaked, so inedible)

Flan was pretty good.

As I said it wasn't BAD, but nothing I should have had to pay for.

Edited by KKB

51 minutes ago, KKB said:

"Freshly made" guac--naw, it wasn't that bright green of fresh guac, clearly not fresh. 

(my rec--order the one you "make yourself" so you KNOW it's fresh)

Chicken tamale--husk had black spots & that gave me pause. I took a couple nibbles, but I SHOULD NOT HAVE. THAT might have been what made me sick the next day!

3 tacos: Al Pastor (pretty good), Carne Asade (OK, but meat was barely warm), Catch of the day--fried Hake (1st bite was GREAT, but when I came to it again, it was cold & the breading was oil soaked, so inedible)

Flan was pretty good.

As I said it wasn't BAD, but nothing I should have had to pay for.

Thanks for the review. I may have to rethink the Hola meal.

Just now, FLCruiser97 said:

Thanks for the review. I may have to rethink the Hola meal.

Yeah, it had gotten good reviews. 

Pretty tough to screw up MX food!

1 minute ago, KKB said:

Yeah, it had gotten good reviews. 

Pretty tough to screw up MX food!

Yes. Mexican food is hard to screw up like you said and it's pretty cheap to prepare. Was there any Mexican food on the buffet?

Bummer. I had a really good meal at Hola! Last week on Seascape.

I would definitely send back what you described, because it shouldn't have been like that.

As of right now, we are doing a 4 day on Seashore in April...might switch it to a 7 on Meraviglia the same week, but it's good to know you had a decent cruise over all.