Unable to book online, please phone to speak to an advisor

amcwaterfalls

Hi everyone,

I’m booked on the November 5th SoD 30 night Caribbean cruise. I’ve been ‘cabin counting’ as it didn’t seem to be selling well and at the beginning of this week there were almost 200 cabins available. I understand that a lot of these may be used as guarantees but it still seemed like a lot (I’m a first timer on Saga so don’t know if this is the norm)

I had a look at the website again this afternoon and it now says that this cruise is no longer available to book online and you should call to speak to an advisor. Does this now mean that the cruise has suddenly sold out? Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted (edited)

All I can say is we went on same cruise last year but different islands.

Just before cruise it looked like it was only 65% full looking at cabins available to book. 2 weeks before sailing came off the market like this , ie phone only. Ship was 95% full. 

This is much earlier , over 2 months out

As you say means one of a few things.

A) It's sold out with lots of guarantees. Most probable 

B) They have introduced even cheaper guarantees,  that they want to keep secret.  Only  way to find out is to ring up and try to book under assumed name. Note, they have your phone number on computer so your name and details automatically comes up, so unless you dial 141 before dialing their number  they will know it's you.

C) A problem. 

We're back on this one again , so like you very interested 

If anyone rings up please post

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1

Interesting,  prices seem to be same. Plenty of cabins available. 

Still expecting ship to be full.

16 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

Received a leaflet with our Sunday paper -

Nov 5 Tropical Shores of the Caribbean 30 nights - OFFER EXTENDED! SAVE up to £1200 per person.

Was leaflet advertising just this cruise or multiple cruises.

12 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Interesting,  prices seem to be same. Plenty of cabins available. 

Still expecting ship to be full.

Was leaflet advertising just this cruise or multiple cruises.

20 cruises - 10 for each ship, sailing from 5 Sept 24 to 26 Mar 25.

The price for the 30 nighter on 5 Nov is from £5996.

The £5996 is the guarantee price. 

This over reliance on last minute guarantee deals is consistent with discussion on Nosaphire's thread below. They should ask why.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise-Cat said:

Cruise details currently showing the available cabin quantity e.g.

IMG_1880.png

Dynamic pricing in action. A couple can get a guaranteed cabin for £400 a night. That’s desperate stuff from Saga. I wonder if there’s a cap on the number available at that price. If not I can imagine some  discontent from many who have paid considerably more. Especially as they might have forgone interest on their 15% deposits for some considerable time. 

9 minutes ago, Spence55 said:

Dynamic pricing in action. A couple can get a guaranteed cabin for £400 a night. That’s desperate stuff from Saga. I wonder if there’s a cap on the number available at that price. If not I can imagine some  discontent from many who have paid considerably more. Especially as they might have forgone interest on their 15% deposits for some considerable time. 

I saw someone mention that they had booked a guarantee on a canaries cruise in November ( presumably Volcanic Isles) and the Saga lady said that it was the last one available.  I looked online and the only guarantee was for a deluxe rather than standard. So perhaps they are limited.

Incidentally, the cabin quantities seem to have disappeared again this morning 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, Spence55 said:

Yes there is a cap.

Only that so many cabins are sold as guarantee so  when they are gone they are gone. Then it'll will get back to the price for choosing your own cabin.  We had a g'tee on our recent cruise. Mid B deck 

• Like 1

It must be a very high limit for guarantees, once they start selling  guarantees don't stop till ship is full.

On last year's November Caribbean there were nearly 200 cabins you could  choose from just before sailing if you wanted to pay premium to choose cabin. Yet on boarding ship was over 95% full (some cabins out of action due to previous disastrous cruise).

So ALL , IE NEARLY 200 CABINS , MUST HAVE BEEN SOLD AS GUARANTEE.  Nearly a third of the ship.

Expect same this time