Labor Day sale

Sevedog

My hubby and I have a bunch of cruises booked.  We went to look at excursion prices and some of them are on discount.  We were both logged into our accounts and see different pricing on the exact same excursions.  For example, if I booked the excursion the price is the same, on my husbands log in the price is lower.  How can that be?  Shouldn’t the price be the same for everyone?  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sevedog said:

We were both logged into our accounts and see different pricing on the exact same excursions.  For example, if I booked the excursion the price is the same, on my husbands log in the price is lower.  How can that be?  Shouldn’t the price be the same for everyone?  

You were both trying (successfully?) to access the same booking # at the same time?   You have two separate account logins tied to the booking?  I've always had record locking problems if trying to access one booking from multiple logins.

Edited by canderson

I was logged into his account and saw an excursion was on sale that I paid for.  I logged out of  his and logged into mine to cancel and rebook and it was not on sale on my account.   He logged back into his and it was still on sale.  Strange.  Dynamic pricing?  

Hmmm. I just logged into another cruise we have booked and a food tour in San Juan is $113 on mine and $121 on his. Something must be wrong.  I’ll be calling tomorrow and see if there is a logical explanation.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sevedog said:

I was logged into his account and saw an excursion was on sale that I paid for.  I logged out of  his and logged into mine to cancel and rebook and it was not on sale on my account.   He logged back into his and it was still on sale.  Strange.  Dynamic pricing?  

This post worries me.

On booking.com, my wife and I see completely different prices for the same hotels. Sometimes, she will even see a cheaper price when *not* logged in. I've also seen different prices when logged in on my phone vs my laptop.

On Capital One's travel site, again, my wife and I will see different prices for the same hotels for the same dates.

Now you are telling me cruise lines (or at least X) are doing this too? Lmao, it's just too much!

27 minutes ago, Sevedog said:

Had the exact same thing happen to me today.  An excursion I had already bought, showed on sale on the main excursions page, I clicked to purchase, cancelled the one I had already bought and when it went t in my cart to select payment method, the new purchase price was the same as the one I had cancelled.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

On booking.com, my wife and I see completely different prices for the same hotels. Sometimes, she will even see a cheaper price when *not* logged in. I've also seen different prices when logged in on my phone vs my laptop.

On Capital One's travel site, again, my wife and I will see different prices for the same hotels for the same dates.

Yes.  You can look at a hotel price, first while logged on to the site, then while not logged on, and voila, the price has changed.  Certain travel sites have been playing that game for some years now.  The differences are generally small, but in some cases predictable   There have been some interesting and revealing articles written on the subject.

Problem with Celebrity is that you get NO pricing for add-ons unless you're logged in and have specified a particular booking, so they don't even need cookies to play the game for that.  There they could use your account login to differentiate things for you. 

Am still surprised by the ability to open the record for a booking with 2 accounts simultaneously, though.  Even my TA can't update anything if I've forgotten to log out!  Then it takes something like 15 minutes.  It used to be possible to lock yourself out of your own record for 15 minutes by closing down the browser without logging off first!  Couldn't use the site again in a new browser session until it timed out.  Neither could a Celebrity agent.  Used to really annoy people!

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Am still surprised by the ability to open the record for a booking with 2 accounts simultaneously, though

I think the OP logged in as themselves, logged out, then logged in as their spouse.

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I always use an incognito browser window when using travel sites.  Maybe try this and see if you still get different pricing.

For the OP, not sure it would make a difference since you need to log into X to see the prices. For me, I always use incognito also.

• Like 1

As an update, I am finding inconsistencies on multiple bookings. For example, it will say 30% off, but when you go to pay it is the price you originally paid before you cancelled to rebook.  I did call Celebrity and they honored the sale price blaming it on the interface.  Very labor intensive.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I think the OP logged in as themselves, logged out, then logged in as their spouse.

I am still keyed into post #1 where the OP said "We were both logged into our accounts" which definitely sounded concurrent

It wasn't until #4 that it sounded like she had afterwards begun to do her own separate log in/out/in with the two accounts as a test of the pricing differences.

Posted (edited)

I can log in on my iPad with my credentials at the same time my husband can log into his on his computer. We can both view the same cruise reservation.  Didn’t know that wasn’t supposed to happen lol. But in this situation I did log out of mine and into his.  

Edited by Sevedog
Typo
  • Like 1

Because of this listing I checked our upcoming bookings and found several of the excursions we have booked are cheaper.  There is one that shows sold out and if I cancel and quickly rebook I am wondering if someone can do the same thing and take the last 2 slots.  

Instead can I call Celebrity and have them reprice the 6 different excursions ?  

17 hours ago, 563toM said:

Because of this listing I checked our upcoming bookings and found several of the excursions we have booked are cheaper.  There is one that shows sold out and if I cancel and quickly rebook I am wondering if someone can do the same thing and take the last 2 slots.  

Instead can I call Celebrity and have them reprice the 6 different excursions ?  

Call them. They can usually handle this on the phone.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I called them and it took a total of 1 hour between being on hold and them fixing the problem.  It's taking several hours to receive emails from Celebrity but I saved on 5 different excursions.  Rep mentioned that the computer problems started yesterday and he said it's worse today.  

• Like 2

On our October 2025 and January 2026 sailings Premium Access Wi-Fi & more is $17.99/pp  and Premium Wi-Fi is $27.99  🤔  so we booked Premium Access. $10 cheaper and get more perks.

Screenshot_20240831_105312_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ajconova said:

On our October 2025 and January 2026 sailings Premium Access Wi-Fi & more is $17.99/pp  and Premium Wi-Fi is $27.99  🤔  so we booked Premium Access. $10 cheaper and get more perks.

Screenshot_20240831_105312_Gallery.jpg

But you have to have premium access for everyone in the cabin. So paying $17.99 x 2. 

Celebrity are normally quite good responding on Facebook messenger. I have a problem open with them at the moment about an excursion I purchased yesterday and it was not showing their side. They were quite cooperative on messenger yesterday but are not answering any of my questions all day today. Wonder if their systems are down?