I need advice on if there is anything I can do.

9 hours ago, caymancouple said:

My husband is refusing to take a non ship excursion.

I am fairly strongly against ship's excursions, but they have their place -- and 8-hour trips that require multiple forms of transportation in a country where I don't speak the language is that place.  

9 hours ago, caymancouple said:

I am Diamond Plus for what if anything that is worth. 

Why would that make any difference?  

9 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Anyway, did you know that one can no longer climb up it?

I climbed a similar pyramid (is that the right word?) in central Mexico when I was a teenager, and it was surprisingly hard to climb.  The steps were quite small, and we had to turn our feet sideways as well climbed.  

5 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Why would that make any difference?  

It should not.  and that is why I asked it the way I did.  but, you never know, and you cannot get a positive answer unless you ask and are prepared for  "NO".

25 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

It should not.  and that is why I asked it the way I did.  but, you never know, and you cannot get a positive answer unless you ask and are prepared for  "NO".

So are you going to book it? I've been, wasnt my thing, I was sooo hot. I guess I'm not into history enough. I spent most of the time in the restaurant having a frozen margarita and chips and dips.

But I'm sure some are more into history than me. Did you husband win and you booked it?

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So are you going to book it? I've been, wasnt my thing, I was sooo hot. I guess I'm not into history enough. I spent most of the time in the restaurant having a frozen margarita and chips and dips.

But I'm sure some are more into history than me. Did you husband win and you booked it?

OMG yes.  History is my thing.  I do not like Mexico, but, I want to see why this is considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world.  I have seen 5 of them.  I have comparisions.  I actually feel I am going to be disappointed based on the pictures.  But BY DAMN, I AM GOING TO SEE IT.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

OMG yes.  History is my thing.  I do not like Mexico, but, I want to see why this is considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world.  I have seen 5 of them.  I have comparisions.  I actually feel I am going to be disappointed based on the pictures.  But BY DAMN, I AM GOING TO SEE IT.

Bring your bathing suit. It's the only ruins on a ocean. You can walk down and swim. They stopped at a shopping area for us to pee. The restrooms here dont have running water. 

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Bring your bathing suit. It's the only ruins on a ocean. You can walk down and swim. They stopped at a shopping area for us to pee. The restrooms here dont have running water. 

It is not on an ocean. You are confusing Chichen Itza with Tulum I believe. Chichen Itza is way better and truly is a wonder. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

It is not on an ocean. You are confusing Chichen Itza with Tulum I believe. Chichen Itza is way better and truly is a wonder. 

Hahahaha. You are right. I told you I'm really not into history. My favorite are animals or birds. Holding a sloth. I missed the ostrich farm in curacao and going back to see it. Every ruins I've seen was not what I enjoy but I've been. Going to europe and my top pick for excursions is the azores. But I'll see ruins too. Feel obligated.

31 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

I don’t think you will be disappointed. Unlike you though I do like Mexico, I have studied Mexican history and have been there many times. Been to a bunch of indigenous ruins. My favorite are not Mayan. They are near Mexico City. Teotihuacan. It is the most visited archaeological site in Mexico. For good reason. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t think you will be disappointed. Unlike you though I do like Mexico, I have studied Mexican history and have been there many times. Been to a bunch of indigenous ruins. My favorite are not Mayan. They are near Mexico City. Teotihuacan. It is the most visited archaeological site in Mexico. For good reason. 

I was there when I was 12.  Remember it fondly.  Really started my love of Travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uxmal is closer, and far fewer tourists.  Bus company that runs the pier shuttle does this, although getting there early is useless - in our case tour leaves once a day at 9:30.  Guide was one of the archaeologists working the site.  We only had 6 people on the tour plus the guide and driver.

On 9/3/2024 at 8:09 PM, Charles4515 said:

I spent a week in Mexico City with my Latin America Study class. Teotihuacan was one of the tours. It was amazing. One day I'll make it back.

• Like 1