Sirena Cruise Director

kibutzer

Does anyone know who maybe the cruise director for Nov 3rd TA on Sirena? Also interested in GM and Food and Beverage director, love it when our cruising "family" are on board and we can reconnect. Thanks in advance

On 9/4/2024 at 10:34 AM, kibutzer said:

Does anyone know who maybe the cruise director for Nov 3rd TA on Sirena? Also interested in GM and Food and Beverage director, love it when our cruising "family" are on board and we can reconnect. Thanks in advance

Will not be Dottie Kulasa. She rejoins Sirena from current vacation time on Nov. 19.

• Thanks 2

I just got off Sirena. Cruise Director was an amusing Brit named Peter (don't know last name). He just joined the ship on Aug 28. Maybe he is on until Nov.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Sirena 8/28-9/19 in the Baltic. Dottie left the day we arrived. Replaced by:

Peter Tredgett 

"Starting his career behind the scenes in stage management, [he] was an assistant stage manager for a provincial theatre in London. His aspirations to 'tread the boards' subsequently led him to perform at a [UK] resort before working in both [TV} and then entertainment management in Europe. Having now sailed the seas from Alaska to Australia, [his] career in the cruise industry began more than 20 years ago when he auditioned for his first cruise liner as an Entertainment Officer, progressing through the ranks to [CD]. When home in the [UK], he enjoys watching and playing sports with his teenage son, along with theatre and travel in the company of friends and family."

As I told him, I was initially disappointed that Dottie had just left, but during our 22 nights he was a most fantastic CD and my disappointment was quickly forgotten. Got to have many great conversations with him. And worshipped with him 3 times at the Christian nondenominational service he conducts, using a very nice simplified form of Anglican prayer. As he says, "My hometown parish is a small church in London, St. Paul's. Not that St. Paul's, but one some miles away."

Wife and I loved to watch his daily TV "show". Quite funny indeed! People would comment to him that they were "One of the three passengers watching his BS in the AM program". Which is his "Breakfast Show in the Morning." Once wife and I told him we were numbers 4 & 5 and the couple at the table nearest us said out loud, "We're 6 & 7 then!"

Peter was the CD on Vista for our transatlantic earlier in the year. Very hard working , IMO.  Occasionally, he would slip in what I can best describe as an "in joke". Fellow Britons would get the reference but I doubt many other guests would.