TURNING DIAMOND

debnrick

We will be turning Diamond in the middle of a cruise. Do you get a Diamond card when checking in at port or in stateroom at the start of the cruise? And our there any “special perks” to celebrate you turning Diamond? 

Edited by debnrick
Correction
  • Like 1

You get your card and perks upon getting on the boat, you card will reflect that when you get it at your door on day 1,  and so will all the perks (which aren’t much different from plat)

the two biggest are the free meal and the one time room upgrade. The meal you can take on your next cruise but the upgrade I believe it is on the following cruise, congrats btw!

https://www.carnival.com/vifp?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiuC2BhDSARIsALOVfBK9mo1Y27d2axcLkenGYsaf-fxu2HIIVFgNZ80P3kFD3WwKyYr-AsUaAsttEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by KyloRen

Hopefully, you should receive your passport/luggage tags and you letter for a free dinner in the Steak House (or similar).

The luggage tag/passport holder, I can do without, but I'd definitely ask about the Steakhouse letter if you don't receive it.

Garnett

I turned Diamond back in 2019 on the Splendor to Singapore. I haven’t used the free Steakhouse yet, and never received a letter. I don’t cruise Carnival much anymore, but I have the Panorama coming up in Oct. I called Carnival and they told me to call 2 weeks before my cruise, to set it up with Steakhouse. Hopefully it works.

So I would suggest if you want the dinner on that cruise, and you don’t get a letter, make sure to talk to someone on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I turned Diamond back in 2019 on the Splendor to Singapore. I haven’t used the free Steakhouse yet, and never received a letter. I don’t cruise Carnival much anymore, but I have the Panorama coming up in Oct. I called Carnival and they told me to call 2 weeks before my cruise, to set it up with Steakhouse. Hopefully it works.

So I would suggest if you want the dinner on that cruise, and you don’t get a letter, make sure to talk to someone on board.

Yes, make sure you talk to guest services, if you receive no letter. When I turned Diamond, received the pleather red passport holder, and luggage tags, but no letter, had to go and talk to guest services about it, took awhile, but finally received the letter, still have not used it, have a cruise coming up on Sept 16 on the Paradise, but they do not have a steakhouse, will have to wait on it some more.

The one-time upgrade can be used on any cruise after turning diamond.  I wanted for a long cruise to make it worthwhile, and upgraded from OV to balcony.  The only other option is interior to OV.  No upgrading from balcony to suite.  

• Like 1