NCL says credit card declined, but they never tried to charge it for upgrade

I got a message earlier this afternoon that I had been awarded a stateroom upgrade but that my credit card had been declined. I called my credit card company and they said no attempt had been made to charge the card, and I have plenty of credit. I then called NCL and was told to reinput the information, which I did. I once again got a notice that my card was declined. I then put in a completely different card, with plenty of credit, and shortly thereafter I got messages that my card had been declined.

Has anyone every experienced this before? It is an inside to balcony upgrade at a low price, so I would like to keep it if possible.

6 minutes ago, Mississippian said:

I got a message earlier this afternoon that I had been awarded a stateroom upgrade but that my credit card had been declined. I called my credit card company and they said no attempt had been made to charge the card, and I have plenty of credit. I then called NCL and was told to reinput the information, which I did. I once again got a notice that my card was declined. I then put in a completely different card, with plenty of credit, and shortly thereafter I got messages that my card had been declined.

Has anyone every experienced this before? It is an inside to balcony upgrade at a low price, so I would like to keep it if possible.

Are you able to call and make the payment over the phone? I've had days when I couldn't get a charge to go through on a website no matter what I tried. Or, try a different device or browser. Sometimes it's that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Were you using the Credit Card that you used to book the cruise?   If not, that might be the problem.

I was. They had it on file. I tried it again, no go. I then put in another card, no luck.

I think Upgrade Advantage might have a problem with their payment processor as I am having the same issue.  

My CC used to book the cruise (and dozens of others with NCL) was declined and when I checked with the bank, no charge attempts had been made by NCL or their upgrade company and no transactions were declined. I tried another CC and the result was the same.

I called NCL but they can't do anything about it as it's all managed by Upgrade Advantage, they don't even have a phone number I can call.  I emailed them at TechIssuesUpgradeAdvantage@plusgrade.com and am waiting for a reply. 

If anyone has a contact number at Upgrade Advantage I would appreciate it. 

Pat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mississippian said:

Did you check if you typed your credit card number in correctly the first time you made a bid? Or the expiry date? Or zip code/address?

My client (I'm a TA) tried to book a spa treatment, but their card was "declined".  Then they got an invoice saying their cruise balance is in the negative by the spa treatment price.  I had to go online and pay their balance back to zero using the same was card was declined.  So, yes, NCL is having issues this week processing credit card payments.

• Like 2

NCL may have difficulties connected to credit cards now. I'm waiting for a refund. Usually those go through in less than 5 days. Last week, after 10 bank days, I had my PCC check and NCL Finance came back and said my refund was in a cue but they would push stuff manually and I'd have it in a few days. That was 6 days ago. <sigh> 

• Like 1

UPDATE: My upgrade finally cleared. My official NCL "profile" didn't have my phone number or zip code. I don't know why this would be, as I've cruised twice before and included all that information when I bought the cruise. In any event, I updated my profile and have no idea whether that made a difference or not.

I paid a total of $330 for the upgrade, which is barely above the minimum, and got assigned a slanted balcony, so I'm pleased.

• Like 5