Galaxy - Difference cat 07 - 05 Oceanview

Racing

Hello cruisers

I have a question about the layout of an oceanview cabin cat. 07 on the Galaxy. I have been on a cat. 05 and the double bed was against the side wall (see picture below).

When I look at the pictures on Celebrity's website for a cat. 07 I notice that the double beds are two single beds against the window wall.

When you are as a couple in a cat. 07 is it possible that the beds can be put side by side (1 big bed) against the side wall ?

As a comparison I add the two pictures by Celebrity:

Cat. 07: gl_ocean_view_stateroo.jpg

Stateroom Area: 172 sq. ft. | Veranda Area:

Features: Features a window or porthole and two convertible lower beds.

Cat. 05:gl_deluxe_ocean_view_s.jpg

Stateroom Area: 172 sq. ft. | Veranda Area:

Features: Features a window, two convertible lower beds, sitting area and VCR.

The sq. ft are identical but nevertheless there is no sitting area in the cat. 07?

I also notice that the window is bigger in a cat. 07 and there is a VCR. Other differences ?

Thanks for the info.

Racing :)

Summit 03/03

Constellation 02/04

Millennium 08/04

Galaxy 02/05

Musica 07/06

Galaxy 01/07

We were in Cat 5 on Galaxy. If you go to the webshots link below there is a picture of our cabin. The other difference that you will see is a much larger window along with cabin location (higher). What you don't see is the VCR which we used but not enough to be worth it.

for example, we are about to sail Galaxy in one of the semi-secret (but not to Cruise Critics) extra-big inside cabins. if you look it up on a variety of sites, the official photos don't show it as any different from other inside cabins -- you have to consult the deck plan (and users who've posted their photos online) to know otherwise.

That said, last time we were in a Cat 4 or 5 oceanview, the main bed was indeed headboard-to-wall, NOT headboard-to-window. Much better layout.

We have done Cat 6 twice and both times, the beds were together under the window. It looked like the location of the desk would make it difficult to put them along the wall. In both cases, I was against the wall, no nightstand and pretty much had to crawl over the bed to get out.

Category 7 beds can be pushed together but will be against the window. There is a corner desk with the safe and extra storage behind the mirror. I liked the extra storage. There is a chair and table for a sitting area but no loveseat like in cat. 5. Cat. 5, as has been stated, has a VCR, larger window, higher deck location, loveseat, and bed against the wall. The closets and bathroom seem to be the same.

Enjoy,

Actually, would pick cat 4 or 5 over lower outside catagories as we really enjoyed having the room arranged with the sitting area near the window. We liked getting the room serivice breakfast and sitting at the window on port days! the view is great! With the bed under the window you can't really enjoy the view without getting on the bed!

for example, we are about to sail Galaxy in one of the semi-secret (but not to Cruise Critics) extra-big inside cabins. if you look it up on a variety of sites, the official photos don't show it as any different from other inside cabins -- you have to consult the deck plan (and users who've posted their photos online) to know otherwise.

Guess I haven't been paying attention... I've booked the Galaxy for March 2007 and wasn't aware of any Extra-Big inside cabins... do tell which ones they are.. the only one I am aware of is 5044 which is a wheelchair accessible room.

Hello cruisers,

Thanks for all your info. The difference is absolutely clear now and I'm happy enough to know that the beds can be put together. Saves a jump:D . Indeed a cat. 5 looks nicer.

Jim, I like the numbered days better anyway so the free workout is a plus :D

Hope to meet you all on of our future cruises.

Racing

• 7 months later...

Archived