Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

We came down to reception and got the last seats so now we're playing guess which ship these hotel guests are sailing on. Choices today are QA, Anthem of the Seas and Disney Dream (which apparently has a clothing range).

How exciting. I would enjoy paying guess the cruise line. 

• Like 2

Our taxi was around 20 minutes late but their website kept me updated and the journey time was also 20 minutes so we arrived at 12.30 for our 12.45 arrival time at Ocean Terminal. Everything progressed fairly smoothly and we were onboard in a busy Golden Lion by 1pm.

We were given a card to say that cabins wouldn't be ready until 1.30 which was fine as we didn't have much hand luggage. 

We had an enjoyable Fish and Chips followed by Lemon Sponge pudding. There was a queue for the lifts so fortunately we're only on Deck 5 and we used the stairs. 

20240908_143557.jpg

20240908_143632.jpg

20240908_143700.jpg

20240908_143638.jpg

• Like 11

Cases arrived promptly and I asked for extra hangers. Storage didn't seem too terrible and we managed to put everything away. Mr HH went to the Britannia Club Restaurant to check our table.  We've never bothered to do this before but we had problems on our last cruise and there was no table number on the card in the cabin.

Apparently they hadn't yet been allocated but he was shown to a table of 6 near a window.

We'd checked in at our muster station before lunch, no full drill today.

The weather hasn't been as bad as the terrible forecast but we had a good view of the rainbows from our balcony. We're due to sailaway at 6pm.

20240908_162003.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I am really surprised as a huge QV regular, how protective I feel about her [Annie]. 😃

Likewise, except as a QM2 regular. Just proves that Cunard must have done something right!

• Like 3

We opened the Pol Acker and tried it naked for the first time in years. We sailed away more or less on time past the Japanese warship visiting. 

We went to dinner at around 7, early for us but we wanted to beat the rush. As it was one couple was on their starters and the third arrived very soon after. All the men wearing jackets so it looks like we're going to be maintaining high standards on the table. 

The sommelier arrived promptly and we managed to get a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc, but only one glass each - Plenty for tomorrow !

Couldn't fault the food and service was efficient. 

We went up to the Commodore Club to listen to the piano player. I was a bit disappointed in the new cocktail menu but my Brandy Alexander was good. 

We called it a night around 10, the ship is rocking nicely. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Glad you are settled on O K. Looking forward to hearing about your dining tonight. Book Bright Lights as soon as you can. Might be open today for booking. 

We've booked for the 9.30 performance tomorrow. By the time I checked yesterday the late show was already full.

• Like 2

It's a rather grey morning but we made it to the restaurant for breakfast. We were the only ones on our table but had an enjoyable Eggs Benedict.

We had a wander around, almost gate crashing the solo travellers' coffee morning in the Chart Room and then going to have a look at the Panaroma pool club, Cabana and the Pavilion via the buffet. It seemed busy but there were plenty of spare seats.

A few first impressions-

Cabin is fine, balcony seems bigger but that might just be because the table is very tiny! Now we've realised that my battery charger was keeping the night light on we might sleep better.🤣. It's a good idea though. I like the information on the TV. It's good to be able to turn the aircon off.

Apart from when we first got onboard we haven't had any issues with the lifts and I like the 2 sets of controls.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Hmm

The mention of  'enforcement' of the dress code wasn't in any of our Daily Programmes, May and July.

I will be interested to see if it's followed through by restaurant staff.

We live in hope.

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

We've booked for the 9.30 performance tomorrow. By the time I checked yesterday the late show was already full.

If you want front row seats I'd definitely recommend starting a queue at 9, though I think arriving 15 minutes early you could still get some good seats.

• Like 2

Just now, Host Hattie said:

I'm not a fan of queueing, what time do doors open ?

Doors open at 9:30, but in our experience by then the queue is going down into the Queens Room

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worldtraveller99 said:

This is brilliant Hattie thank you. Looking forward to all your insights!

PS Is it just me, or do the lectures sound not very exciting? Are there no comedians?

Mike Doyle is a comedian.

• Like 2